Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maiden Voyage------------tool gloat

Great looking rig Gary! Sort of glad I don't have something that big. Almost afraid of what I might try and haul home.

That is soooo sweet!

Congrats on the trailer and the truck!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Gary, congratulations on trailer and truck, the sasafrass smells great while turning, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Max View Post
    I just bought the truck---6 foot bed with a hard shell cover on it---- I got a good enough deal on the truck to pay for the trailer. I have missed to many good deal on logs because I could not haul them.
    Went to get my topper installed today and they called after I dropped the truck off and they ordered the wrong one. Apparently a GMC bed and Silverado are not the same size and shape - I get to wait another 2-3 weeks! I have had the truck about 2 months

Gary, nice looking truck, trailer, and load. Hope many more loads grace your doorstep, and Thanks for buying an American product.

Bruce
    The Tsunami is Rising
    Roll Tide
    15 And Counting

Dewight that comes back to one of my pet peevees---------Service
    For me everything fits into 2 groups
    1)things that get fixed
    2)stuff that gets trashed
    I hope to haul some Walnut home real soon---we are just about sold out of it.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Gary I must say great haul, hauler and nice puller. How do you like the hard cover? I sure do like mine and had a bed rug installed. What is nice about it is you can sit your chain saw by the tailgate and it is there when you stop. Nothing moves on that bed rug.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Glad to see you doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Gary I must say great haul, hauler and nice puller. How do you like the hard cover? I sure do like mine and had a bed rug installed. What is nice about it is you can sit your chain saw by the tailgate and it is there when you stop. Nothing moves on that bed rug.
    Bernie I am shopping for a spray in liner---so far $450.00 at the first place is shopped. I am sure I can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Snowden View Post
    Glad to see you doing well
    Thanks Robert---- you know the story---- even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Fine wood hauler Gary. I can see you won't be lacking for turning stock this winter!

Bill that will be gone in the next 10 days.
    We are heading into show season and I need the inventory.

Gary, I need a trailer like that to haul my old 1955 Ford 640 tractor around when I need to use it other than where I store it on my old 40 acres, now owned by one of my best friends so it is like it is still mine, but I don't have to pay the taxes! My buddy has a Dodge truck and it has the fuel saver thing where it runs on 4 cylinders once in a while and we took it for a fishing trip to the Northwest Angle of Minnisota and we got just under 20mpg with 4 of us in the truck and all our gear, so I hope you get that when not hauling big trailer loads!

I still have my urban log hauler trailer with the "I" beam and chain hoist on it for hauling logs so I don't need another one but I did get half of a 70' mobile home frame with the tongue on it and I have 2 6000# axles to put under it so some day I may have my big trailer. Just need to find time, and soon I will have some, if all goes well.

Have fun and nice toys,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Gary, that looks like a pretty darn sturdy trailer...nice!! You may want to take a look at Jeff Nicol's site to see his Urban Log Hauler video...it would be a nice upgrade to that trailer. Ever since I saw the video....I keep wanting to find a used trailer and do something similar.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!