Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Router table setup - Kreg or Bench Dog?

Well I picked up the BD CI table (full size) from Rockler. I decided to go with the WO PRL V2 lift. I did not see Brian's final post until late last night and I cannot believe I did not notice the lack of a way to attach the WP lift to the BD table. I have a PC7518 so I would imagine I have the same 28 lbs of combined weight resting in the cutout of the CI table. That being said I don't like the fact that the WP does not have screw holes to mount the lift. The lift plate is sized to fit the different dimensions of the BD table so for the life of me I don't know why the mouning holes were left out. I have not even opened the box yet I am so disgusted that I did not notice this in the store. Is this something that can be retrofit with a good drill press and countersink? To make matters worse both of my local Rockers sold out of their stock of the BD pro lift yesterday. Is my worrying about the lack of hold down mounting screws much ado about nothing?

I have my lift "just sitting" in the Bench Dog cast iron table extension. I have used it quite a bit this week. I have not had any problems or reason to think it needs to screw down into the table. In the manual that came with the table it does not make mention of bolting the lift in place. The router plate included in the box also doesn't appear to bolt down. I think you are fine.

I have a benchdog with a woodpeckers lift. I would call woodpeckers and ask them. I know they make a lift for various size table holes.

I have a buddy that has a cast iron table that was a benchdog. I think that rockler bought benchdog so you would have to buy it there.

woodpecker lifts are nice!

Steven thank you for the response. I spoke to WP this morning and they informed me that they have never made the lift with bolt down holes and that they have never had a problem. I imagine that my setup will be just fine. For whatever reason it just did not seem right to me. As soon as I get my carcass together for the cabinet I will post pics. Thanks all for the help. Happy routing.