Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rikon 18" Review

Mike,
    That is a very helpful review. I like the teeth just over the edge of the tire. The Trimaster should be giving you a smoother surface than what I see in the picture, It should be smoother than a tablesaw! Are you getting vibration?
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

The finish is actually much smoother now Mark. That was actually the Bi-Metal blade. There had really been no setup performed, and I freehanded that example with a single point fence. The finish is much smoother with the Tri Master. There is still some vibration,but I'm pretty certain it's being induced by the combination of an uneven floor, and a less than perfect fit between the saw and the mobile base. It was about 24 deg. outside when I unpacked the saw, and rolled it into the shop. That cut was made when it was probably less than 25 deg. in the shop, as soon as it warms up I'll be going after it in earnest.
    I can't really set this saw to run with the teeth over the edge. The throat isn't large enough in diameter, and the blade gets a little too close to the table for comfort, there also wasn't enough adjustment in the upper guide bearings with the teeth over the edge to properly guide/support a 1" blade.
    I don't have it to TS finish as of yet, but compared to my Jet 14", I'm pretty happy overall. I have a project in mind that will require a lot of bookmatching,and that was primary reason for the purchase of the saw. Your recommendation of the Tri-Master was spot on, I'm not certainn that I would have spent that much on a single blade without it. I like the combination so far.

Mike,
    It sounds like it is running as it should. You will find it will out last the typical blades at least 25 to 1 making it a great value. I have 2 Trimasters and have been runnng one for about 2 years....it still looks brand new! I bought the second one, because the first one fractured and broke. It was welded for free by a local Lenox dealer. So make sure you detension the blade.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"