Thread: Ukulele Build #3

Blog Entries

Ukulele Build #3

Hi all, I am working on my 3rd ukulele. It is another concert size made of Cherry and Purpleheart. I got a good start on it yesterday. Friday I glued up the top and back pieces, and yesterday I got the majority of the body together. this morning I decided to try and do an inly for the headstock Veneer. My logo is an Infinity Symbol... or a "sideways eight" so I sanded up 2 pieces and went to work... Pics are worth a 1000 words so I will post up some hight light pics and let you all see how its going.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Nice work wish I had time for instruments. You may be interested in looking at this inlay tool not difficult to build.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQlD...eature=related very cool, but you'll have to be patient with this vid.

This is a good tutorial on adjusting the hinges for such a tool , very cleaver guy if you look up his site.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPkwI...eature=related

Just thouight Id share.
    Last edited by raul segura; 08-09-2011 at 2:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the Links Raul.

I got #3 strung up today... learned a few more things with this build and as always have plans to complicate the next further.

Here are a few picks of #3 as it stands today... sounds pretty good I think.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork