Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Creating A Custom PostScript Fill

Need Help Creating A Custom PostScript Fill

Hello, I am new to the laser engraving world, but have done machine work for along time. I recently made some bottle openers from 7075 alum. for my daughter. I don't kow how to create a custom posscript fill (ie tiger paws .jpg) . The picture shows the fill using the lizard postscript fill. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darren

Welcome to SMC.

I think what you're going to need is the Artistic Media tool which is under the Effects drop down. There are some paws there but you can create your own. It will take a little time to get the hang of it but it should do the job.

I just assumed you were using Corel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-21-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike,

I will give it a try. I am using Corel 5, still learning that as well.

What I do is draw one of the item I need and copy it many times in rows larger then my artwork to fill. Group them, position them behind my art work to fill and then use the PowerClip feature in Corel Draw to fill it.
    Vision VE-810 Engraver
    Epilog Mini 40 watt 24x12
    Emco Unimat 3 mill and lathe

What if there weren't any hypothetical questions?

I'm with Ron, only because there is a lot more control as to how the designs are positioned, sizes, etc. than with a spray, hose or brush.. which of course are a lot easier once set up. Or maybe because I'm an old dog and do things the hard way.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks Dee and Ron,

The advice helped alot. This is what I did.Lindsey.jpg

Are those something you make yourself or are they anodized aluminum already formed? I like the little paw prints stepping all over the bottle opener.. it really livens up the piece.. hope it's not for her car keys!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Hello Dee,

I make these from a sheet of 7075 Aluminum on my Wire EDM Machine we also are anodizing them, This is a link to an EDM video if you want to see it in action, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5yg8Ci5lzY it is making a cut in a silver disk.

Thanks, Darren

Okay, Darren, that is a SERIOUSLY cool machine! Don't get too technical, but what is the difference between EDM and waterjet?

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Okay, Darren, that is a SERIOUSLY cool machine! Don't get too technical, but what is the difference between EDM and waterjet?
    Wow..not Darren-but watch this video..it explains it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBueW...eature=related
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Thanks Larry, very instructive!

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Thanks Larry, very instructive!
    Yeah...I ordered MINE today!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Can I put that in my basement?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Mike,

You can actually make a machine yourself, so it can be relatively small. Certainly smaller than your laser.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I'm sorry. I would have posted earlier but after watching the video, I was busy wiping the drool from my keyboard. - That is a seriously nice machine. The things I could do - My neurons just went into hyper light speed at the possibilities. Very nice Darren!
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.