Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classical guitars?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach England View Post
    Truth is I only picked guitar because I think my hands are too big to learn violin easily.
    That's why I play the bass, my hands are too big to play guitar.

Great guitar School

Hi Zach, In June I took the three week course Basic Guitar Building at The Vermont Instruments School of Lutherie. The course was absolutely outstanding! George Morris teaches it, only takes five students at one time. You walk in empty handed and leave with a guitar (classical or steel string) which built from scratch with your own hands. I couldn't overstate the value of the course or the competence of George Morris both as builder and teacher. I didn't do it when I was 18. I did it now that I'm 75 and am now building two ukulele's and finishing another classical guitar. I have all of the books that have been mentioned to you, plus a handful more than those, all of which I find helpful. The available forums, such as this one are also decidedly helpful. The classical guitar I built in Vermont and came home with sounds every bit as good as the Spanish made one I've been playing since 1976. The process of building one is every bit as delightful as the finished product.