Thread: Scaling a hairline

Scaling a hairline

Hi All,

Hope I don't sound too stupid here but this is my question....
    I have a graphic I've made, using colour fill and hairlines, which are thickened up so they engrave. I have drawn the graphic larger than required, when I scale it down, the hairlines remain the same thickness, any ideas?

Cheers

Nigel
    Nigel Morgan, Epilog Helix 45W, Techno Isel 3024, Corel 12, ArtCam

Open your dialogue box for your outline. In there, there is a check box that says "Scale with image" or something like that. Whatever it is now, make it the opposite.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

In case Scott's suggestion does not work...hairlines do not actually have a width in Corel. Not sure what you mean about "...thickened up so they engrave." To raster, rather than cut, the line needs to be about .18mm or greater. Hairlines will always cut.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.