Thread: H6265 4 Jaw Wood Chuck 1" x 8 TPI

H6265 4 Jaw Wood Chuck 1" x 8 TPI

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the insert in this chuck and replacing it with the 11/8 x 8 insert. I cannot find one on the Grizzly site and I really hate giving it up as it fits the Vicmarc jaws I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

I'm not sure the insert is replaceable. Grizzly Catalog shows different chucks with different thread sizes and not interchangeable inserts like my SN2. Not sure if this answers your question. Are you looking to use the chuck on a different size lathe? There are places like PSI that sell spindle adapters.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2011/Main/138

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/spindle-adapters.html

Yes, possible new lathe and gloat later today. I have a Jet 12/36 that is 1 x 8 and new lathe will be 1 1/8 x 8. I can get the right size adapters for my other chucks, just don't see a replacement for this one on grizzly and really hate using extension.

I have one of those chucks, it does have a replaceable insert. I understand that the chuck is a clone of vicmark but have not verified that the vicmark insert fits.

Yep, call their customer support#. They will fix you up even though it is not listed in the catalog. I went through the same thing a year or so ago.

Thanks Bill, that is great info. I will call them Tuesday. In the meantime, just got the new toy and since I don't have any pictures yet, it aint happened. I will get some up later today