Thread: Eugene & Springfield OR - Woodworking Sites or Things to see?

Eugene & Springfield OR - Woodworking Sites or Things to see?

Hi All,

I am in The Eugene/Springfield OR area for this week and wondering if there are any good woodworking places to visit in the evenings while I am here.

Thanks

Brent
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Brent, I'm in Arkansas but my daughter lives in Eugene and I visit occasionally. I know there is a WoodCraft or another chain woodworking store in Eugene though I've never been. There are a few hardwood dealers. Used to be a place in Springfield that sold speciality hardwoods (slabs and things) but it may be closed now. Anytime I go to Eugene I try to make it to Jerry's home improvement store. They have a lot of woodworking tools as well as just about anything else.

http://www.treeproductshardwood.com/ This is a hardwood dealer in Springfield that I havn't been to and plan on making it by next time I'm there. If your going to be there on a Saturday, the farmers market downtown is worth seeing. Lots of artisians and craftsman and generally a band of some kind. Eugene is a pretty funky place. I always tell people "it's where the 1960"s moved to" That may be good or bad depending on your life outlook. There is a rose garden down by the park on the river just a bit off the interstate if you like that kind of thing. Not is Eugene but if you have a chance head to the coast and drive north. Absolutely beautiful. Oregon is an amazing place. Rugged coast, then rain forest, then the emerald valley, then the Cascades and skiing and finally desert to the east
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 06-28-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Brent....There is a Crosscut Hardwoods store in Eugene. Here is the location.

Eugene:

2344 W 7th Pl
    Eugene OR, 97402

541-349-0538
    800-947-6466

Monday - Friday 8-5 pm
    Saturday - Sunday Closed
    Rod