Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Are Headed to the South . . .

If You Are Headed to the South . . .

With the holiday coming up some of you may be headed to Florida. If so, take a look at this video and be prepared for very slow traffic on 75 and 95 from GA to FLA, or on 10 headed east. Smoke is a real problem currently. This is video of one of the fires currently burning. You don't have to be a Facebook member to watch.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....12670928823278

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Woah! Where was that video taken?

We live in NC and it has been smoky around here all day today. Started late yesterday afternoon.

Okenfenokee Wildlife Refuge, southeast Georgia. One of several fires burning currently. Smoke is drifting a looong way.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

P. S. If you are headed south and you smoke please keep your cigarette butts in your car. Thanks!

Bella Terra

Video of the Sweat Farm Again fire. Fifteen homes were saved by dedicated firefighters. Georgia Forestry is now receiving assistance from the DOT, National Guard, and convict crews.

If you are planning to travel through and you or anyone in your family have respiratory issues you may want to avoid the area. Smoke is very thick in the Savannah area and areas south down to Jacksonville.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....05274092837009

Bella Terra

The last couple of mornings, I could smell the smoke in the air here in Virginia. It isn't quite as bad as when the Great Dismal Swamp was on fire a couple of years back, but it is definitely noticeable.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy View Post
    The last couple of mornings, I could smell the smoke in the air here in Virginia. It isn't quite as bad as when the Great Dismal Swamp was on fire a couple of years back, but it is definitely noticeable.

Chris
    Chris, you are probably getting smoke from the Pain Bay and Juniper Road fires in North Carolina.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    With the holiday coming up some of you may be headed to Florida. If so, you are certifiably nuts - it's almost July, for cryin' out loud. What, you wanna melt?
    Belinda - fixed it for you.

Kent
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Belinda - fixed it for you.

Kent
    Thanks Kent! I wasn't going to say anything to discourage tourism . . . we need the dollars!

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Thanks Kent! I wasn't going to say anything to discourage tourism . . . we need the dollars!
    Oh - not at all - stop in Savannah, gang - much, much better place than Florida. One of the guaranteed absolutely unique places in the USA, and I've been to pretty darn near all of them, many times. Nothing like it. If you can't have a great time in Savannah & environs, then you should just stay home.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

We got 6 inches of rain in an hour and a half yesterday on my jobsite, and it is pouring again today. Wish I could give you some of our weather......

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    We got 6 inches of rain in an hour and a half yesterday on my jobsite, and it is pouring again today. Wish I could give you some of our weather......

Larry
    I think we might have 6" of rain year to date here in Colorado. Certainly made it to the beginning of May on 6". I can't imagine that much, that quick. Wow....

only 6 inches of rain and the deep south need the rain

We got almost 3" of rain in Central Texas this morning. It helped with a fire at Plantersville, Tx., althought they say it is still not totally contained. Have an acquaintance who lost his home in this one.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Rain... Rain... hmm i know that word ...but let me Google it its been too long here in lower slower Delaware
    *Brother can you spare a shower