Thread: Popular ? Woodworking

Blog Entries

Popular ? Woodworking

Has anyone else looked over the latest issue of Popular Woodworking and wonder what's going on? There's one article on "Tai Chi & Woodworking" and another of a lamp made in the shape of a lightbulb that's about as goofy a project as I've ever seen.
    Dennis

Last few issues I've looked at have struck me the same way. I was buying a news stand copy because folks here just about had me convinced that I should subscribe. Kind of glad i checked out a few issues first...

I let my subscription expire after they switched to the new format. I just found myself getting less and less out of it with each copy.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

I have to disagree. Popular Woodworking is the ONLY WW magazine I subscribe to anymore. Do I like every article, of course not, but on balance I get more out of it than any other WW mag. I guess that is why there are so many mags, all with different editorial approaches.

At least it wasn't a plan for "simple Adirondack chairs you can build in a day" or "tricks and tips from the router pros".

I like Popular Woodworking, but I like Fine Woodworking more. It's the only magazine that gives any exposure to contemporary design.