Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: True Confessions......

Red face True Confessions......

Events of recent days have weighed heavily on my heart, and I have been overcome with a need to publicly confess my hypocrisy. Shame has come upon me, and I am deeply humbled by my actions. I publicly apologize for the misrepresentations - nay, pure lies, that I have put forth on this forum. I openly regret the shame it has brought to my family and friends!

Notwithstanding that I have openly led others to believe differently, the truth is - I do, in fact, let wood shavings accumulate on my shop floor. And, in order to be fully forthcoming on this confession, the bulk of this mess (my Lord, I can hardly bear to look at the image!!) has been lying on my shop floor since Thursday!

I want to personally and publicly apologize to David D., and others that may have been misled by my constant berating of them for their own indiscretions. I hope, in some way, to be able to make up to them the loss of time from turning that was absorbed in cleaning their shops, painting their lathes, cleaning the ways on their lathe, and the endless other damage I may have caused.

Please find it in your hearts to forgive me! My commitment to each of you is to have this mess cleaned up before the sun sets today!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sheesshhh John when you get them up to your knee's then you can ask to be forgiven. I did clean mine out somewhat before we left. I took out 17 wheat shovels full of chips. Don't have a pics but ask the LOML it did happen. All is good John.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

John, the priest would throw you out of the confessional for that feeble attempt.
    There are no shavings covering the tools on the wall, the back shelves are empty (where are the piles of scraps, and rough outs with shavings all over them?) and clearly your feet are touching the floor. Heck, you probably didn't even drag any shavings into the house from that small mound of dust.
    Skip the Hail Mary's and get back to turning so you can show us a real mess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Just don't text, tweet, or put that picture on facebook. You never know where that might land you.

5. Oh the shame........the Sheriff himself has taken to a life of crime...............what to do, what to do? Confession is good for the soul, and your repentance is duly noted..........I am not a priest............but...........I believe since forgiveness has been sought, I believe that absolution has been given................

Rest easy my son, er, uh, I mean sheriff. I made a mess of shavings this morning........only not at my shop, at the shop where we hold our mentoring meetings..........turned my first piece of the Stonewall Jackson Prayer tree........a small limb, but the first of the momentos from the tree for the family members.................had to clean up the mess.......also broke a tool rest post!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Hmm. I'll bet you're liking that curly maker, aren't you.

OH NO!!! It cant be true, shavings on John's floor.

Good looking shop John.

Dale
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

John, your confession will only be accepted if you swear on a large pile of claro walnut burl that you will not try to repaint that white thing the color of a Mustard Monster. Aside, a good looking shop. Max

John... I feel your pain.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Keeton for Congress!

John, You sound like a particular congressman as of recent with all of your apologies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Events of recent days have weighed heavily on my heart, and I have been overcome with a need to publicly confess my hypocrisy. Shame has come upon me, and I am deeply humbled by my actions. I publicly apologize for the misrepresentations - nay, pure lies, that I have put forth on this forum. I openly regret the shame it has brought to my family and friends!

Notwithstanding that I have openly led others to believe differently, the truth is - I do, in fact, let wood shavings accumulate on my shop floor. And, in order to be fully forthcoming on this confession, the bulk of this mess (my Lord, I can hardly bear to look at the image!!) has been lying on my shop floor since Thursday!

I want to personally and publicly apologize to David D., and others that may have been misled by my constant berating of them for their own indiscretions. I hope, in some way, to be able to make up to them the loss of time from turning that was absorbed in cleaning their shops, painting their lathes, cleaning the ways on their lathe, and the endless other damage I may have caused.

Please find it in your hearts to forgive me! My commitment to each of you is to have this mess cleaned up before the sun sets today!

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Of course you are forgiven.

You must understand that we realize an object like those you make, regardless of how meticulously crafted they may be, do not appear in a kind of woodworking immaculate conception. There must be dust and shavings somewhere in the process. And much of that essential byproduct, in spite of your best efforts, will inevitably accumulate on the lathe and the floor. Some will even end up in your pockets (don't forget to look there when you are cleaning up).

As to your "berating" me for my "indiscretions", that prompted me to reevaluate my own practices and realize how far I had fallen. That, in turn, led to the rehabilitation of not only my machine but all of my tools which now gleam under a coat of light oil. So I have, to a certain extent, reformed, you have voluntarily humbled yourself and we will both be better for it.

I also have to thank you for laying to rest the rapidly growing rumor that you are "magic" or "superhuman" or an alien being hiding on Earth in the disguise of a mild mannered woodturning lawyer.
    David DeCristoforo

John

nice looking shop, ya got to have some shavings somewhere,when ya see smoke coming from above be sure to clean off lights fixtures, my only question is how ya use that lazer thingie with the hf steady????

see ya soon

Ghastly

We have faith John, you will overcome and gt back on track in no time! Looks kind of good like that though....productive...
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome