Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting photos - as of June 2011

posting photos - as of June 2011

i have some photos of unusual furniture that i think members would be interested in looking at but am having no luck with posting them from my photo file is it possible to post them direct from my camera . if it is possible please try to give me precise detailed instruction as computers are not my forte ,my friends call me" the fossil "and have done so since i turned 50 good friends eh ?,any help will be much appreciated

Blog Entries
    Anthony,

The images may look different for you since I am working with a Macintosh, but hopefully this will help.

With a new thread or when replying (go advanced or double click on reply to thread) there should be a bunch of icons above the message composing box:

Picture 3.png

Click on the paperclip icon.

This will give you a box like this:

Picture 4.jpg

Click on > Add Files < which will open an upload box:

Picture 2.png

Click on > select files < which will open a navigation window for your computer.

Picture 5.jpg

Select the files you want, up to 8 in a single post, to upload, then click the > upload files < button and wait until the files are all uploaded, click > Done <. Then you can insert them into the text where you want them. Highlight the place you want them to go, in this case Pic 5:

Picture 7.png

Then click on the paper clip again and select Pic 5.

Picture 6.png

I tend to compose off line and name my pictures. This allows me to put tags in the text so I know where each image belongs. The tag in the text if it is highlighted will be replaced by the image.

hope this helps,

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Anthony, Jim has provided you will an up-to-date way to post your photos. As a lot of folks have this same issue - especially since the software upgrade - I am making this into a sticky. If you still have problems posting photos - please post them here or PM me directly.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

jims instructions seem to be exactly what i am looking for, i must go out now but i am going to give it a try later and thanks for the quick reply's ,hopefully you will see the results later

Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to post your tutorial, great job and we appreciate your efforts here.

Keith

OK, I spent a couple hours learning to put on photos. Got it figured out. Problem now is that it tells me my photos are too big to post.

Any clues for a computer dummy?

Rick Potter

An extra step, but any picture I want to post, I just email it to myself first, make it smaller in the email, then save and load, and it posts just fine...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Sorry for being such a dummy Keith, but I just e-mailed them to myself and managed to put them into the post again. It still says it is too big. I never saw anything to change size.

Rick P

Rick,

Not sure if it's my email program(s) (outlook express & Firefox Thunderbird) but when I take the picture(s) I want and then right click on it, and then select mail recipient, it asks me if I want the smaller or original size. I select make smaller and away they go.

Hope this helps.

Keith
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Rick, I have a PDF about posting pictures I wrote for another Forum. It shows you how to reduce the picture size. It's 1.8Mb, which is above the forum limits. I can email it to you if you want. Between it and Jim's tutorial above it should help.

Well, I tried once more, and no luck. I am so dumb, I don't even know what 'right click' is good for. Doesn't seem to do much for me.

So, for the moment, I give up. It's time to call in the big guns. I'm gonna ask my 15 year old grandkid to show me how.

To be continued,
    Rick P

I am trying to upload some pics and it will not let me.I am using a Mac. I've followed what Jim posted without success. Please help. Nevermind. I figured it out. Images were too big. Had to make them smaller..
    Last edited by Anthony Cayll; 01-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.

I am wondering if something has changed. When I try to attach an image to either a quick reply or an advanced there is NO paperclip. There is an icon to "insert image" but that is wanting me to put in a URL. I am pretty sure I have been able to do that in the past. So what am I missing?

Updated my browser and now I have the paperclip to use in posting.

Oops, works in the turning forum but not the group forum

Guess I spoke too soon. Here and in the turning forum I am able to see the paperclip icon and so could post an inline photo. Evidently not so in the Grizzly Green Monster Group. But there I was able to get a picture posted on the main forum page. Go figure.