Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: posting photos - as of June 2011

It helps, but sounds a bit complicated. I am going to see if I can print that out. Or at least write down some notes. But at any rate thanks for the help.

2. Kind of resurrecting an old post, but this info may be relevant to others as well.

I usually use XP Power Toys Image Resizer and drop all my images to 1024x768 before uploading. Still clear enough to get the image across, yet doesn't take all day to load. Seems to be a comfortable size for onscreen too.

Windows 7: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ Adds right click menu functionality to bulk resize pictures right in Windows Explorer. You simply open your file explorer, browse to the pictures in the folder, select as many as you like, then right click and choose Resize Pictures from the popup menu. Select your options, and hit the go button. Duplicate, resized images will appear in the same folder, ready to upload.

Windows XP: I highly recommend Microsoft's image resizer power toy. Same functionality as above. Search microsoft.com for XP Power Toys.
    Probotix Fireball Comet CNC 25"x25"x5" with Porter Cable 892
    Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 45w Laser 20"x12"

Sorry for butting in but I think the size is referring to the file size. Right click on your picture, select properties. Look at "size"... if it's larger than 1.9 MB it more than likely will not upload.

Quote Originally Posted by bill ward View Post
    Sorry for butting in but I think the size is referring to the file size.
    No, it has to with picture size. But reducing the picture size also reduces the file size.

With my Windows XP PCs, I installed a program called "Shrink Pic". Not sure it works with Win 8. I have yet to find out.
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm
    It automatically re sizes pics as you upload them. You can set the size you want as a default, but 800 x 600 usually works good on all websites.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 09-25-2013 at 3:37 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I very well may have missed it on this thread but was not able to find the info on adding photos to my profile, I see the photo section and have not found the information on how to install photos ...... I guess it would be good if someone could steer me in the right direction here.
    Thank You ... Rick

I would like to add that I am using a Mac laptop if makes any difference here, Thanks again
    Last edited by Rick McCormick; 10-18-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding information to post

Rick - are you talking about an avatar or the photo galleries some folks have?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve I was talking about the photo gallery, the avatar is a good idea also but the photo gallery was the primary reason for the post as it allows others to see some of my projects in progress and completed projects.
    I was able to figure out the posting of photos in an active posts without a problem and I need help finding the instructions for adding photos to my gallery, i know they are here some place but have not had luck finding them so far.
    Thanks Steve for any help or tips you can share here ... Rick

I went to my profile and checked out the block section titled (photos) I am making the assumption that this space is where members place photos of their work, if this in not correct then I need some help finding the correct location for a gallery.
    Last edited by Rick McCormick; 10-19-2013 at 8:27 AM. Reason: additional information

Rick, a photo gallery is one of the benefits of being a financial Contributor.. You can click on the 'Donate' button at the top of any page to get more information, but basically, once you become a Contributor, the option to create your own galleries becomes available.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve, thank you

I've tried to post photos and can't. I don't get the options to do so when I click advanced. The last post on this thread is 5 years old. Has something changed?