Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ULS 4.6 or epilog helix 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Too funny Larry! I believe we had the same Epilog rep, as you were in South Carolina at the time. We thought he was great. Super friendly, just a heck of a nice guy and very helpful. Dropped the machine off and never saw him again. Had issues, called him repeatedly, he kept telling me to call tech support.

I did see him again. The day he came to buy the machine back. He looked at the results and said "Wow, something's wrong here", and all I could do is think "Yeah, that's why I've been calling you for months trying to get your help".

So that's 3 people, you, Mike, and myself saying the rep doesn't matter.

I also agree, there are a handful of reps out there that are outstanding.
    Right. I'm sure there are exceptions to everything.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

What am I going to do with it is the big question.I am going to get 40 watt.Right now I am a cgc and getting older .Need to do something that I can do inside with not as much physical work .Oh by the way I am in south florida and it gets a bit hot outside in the summer.My entire life I have always loved to create and build things.A few years back I was in the mall and there was a kiask setup where they were engraving frames and this and that .I said wow that looks like something I would enjoy doing.I did not think wow look I can make money .But that would be nice.The more I look the more i see can be done with a laser.Not in a big hurry but I am getting excited to get going.right now I dont think speed is that important ,But who knows what will happen later.being in construction I may do arcitectural modeling for a few architects I know or maybe do some wedding stuff .The wife has friends in wedding field .Not engraving .I know people in the resturant businss that may need engraved glasses and wine bottels.

Ok I thought I had made my desision and then gcc threw me a curve .The new mercury is less money has pass trough doors and table size is the same .Any input on the new mercury and gcc?

Blog Entries
    Search for posts on what kind of help you can get from the company should something go wrong...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Did a search and did not find gcc problems. for the price I am really starting to like this one.

6. Epilog, they provide an excellent back-up service
    Nigel Morgan, Epilog Helix 45W, Techno Isel 3024, Corel 12, ArtCam

I have an Epilog. My tube went out after 3 years of use and I ordered and received the replacement in 1 day. In our business our suppliers are everything.
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Laser is on the way .Will arive this thursday and then on to learning how to use it .I have read a few hundred posts and still reading.Very informative.

Wow I have read this thread and man I must be real lucky... I have an epilog mini 24 45 watt bought as a demo unit sales rep was great and that is why I bought the unit. Now with that said had a board go out and a motor it wasn't tech support that i called it was my rep he had them next day the parts to the off site location for me. Latter still had an issue and the sales rep contacted Epilog on my behalf and got my warranty extended for an extra year. Had an issue with the laser losing power epilog deemed it needed a new laser tube wanted a 2200.00 deposit I didn't have it called my rep he contacted them next day tube was delivered. I would say who they are but not sure that is aloud on the post no matter hats off to my rep and support team. They even offered for me to come to their show room to run the order I had to ship.

We also own some 6 head embroidery machines and the company we were going with lost that order due to a service issue with one of there small machines so I believe both can be very vital for you to use ass tools to help you succeed.

Thanks to my Epilog sales rep and team