Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SMC Pen Exchange

2011 SMC Pen Exchange

Attention all Pen Turners on this wild vortex call the Creek!!!

I have volunteered to organize and coordinate the "2011 SMC Pen Exchange" so that we Creeker pen turner’s can share our talents with one another. All I need is for you to “Opt In” by posting in THIS THREAD, even if you have already posted in the "Pen Trade" thread. This will be the official "Opt In" so that I will have a consolidated list of all the participants.

On July 1st I will pick at random Creekers from the list of participants and pair them. I will then post the pairs on this thread. It will be your responsibility to contact your paired partner to do the exchange.

I also want to make people aware that they are responsible for meeting their commitments for exchanging the pens. Make sure that you both agree on the type of pens you are exchanging so that the exchange is fairly even.

On July 1st I will start a new thread "2011 SMC Pen Exchange Photos". Please post photos of the pen that you received plus photos of any accessory items that may have came with it in that thread.

If I can get a moderator to make this thread a sticky until July 1st It would be appreciated by all? It will simplify keeping track of the list of participants.

A Completion Date of September 1, 2011 has been established. All pens should be turned, finished and shipped by 9/1/2011.

Have fun and here's wishing everyone a successful 2011 Pen Exchange, enjoy.

Thanks,
    JD
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-10-2011 at 8:50 PM.

"The best things in life are not things."

Hey! I'm in. And thanks again for taking charge.
    David

James....it's a sticky.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm in James - thanks for organizing the exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Just View Post
    I'm in James - thanks for organizing the exchange
    Thanks to you also Greg. If you read the text of the posting closely you will notice that it is a plegerized version of your "2010 SMC Pen Exchange" posting. Thanks for the text.

"The best things in life are not things."

I'm in. Perhaps my bride will want to participate too... I'll ask her.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Count me in as well
    Thank You

Sure, why not. I'm in.
    This is a simple exchange, not special woods, or what have one... Just knock out the best one can make?
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

Count me in!

pen exchange

I'm in, if I can remember how to make one.

WooHoo!! I'm in...Thanks JD!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Count me in, sounds like fun

I'm in. This will be my first pen exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    Attention all Pen Turners on this wild vortex call the Creek!!!

I have volunteered to organize and coordinate the "2011 SMC Pen Exchange" so that we Creeker pen turner’s can share our talents with one another. All I need is for you to “Opt In” by posting in THIS THREAD, even if you have already posted in the "Pen Trade" thread. This will be the official "Opt In" so that I will have a consolidated list of all the participants.

On July 1st I will pick at random Creekers from the list of participants and pair them. I will then post the pairs on this thread. It will be your responsibility to contact your paired partner to do the exchange.

I also want to make people aware that they are responsible for meeting their commitments for exchanging the pens. Make sure that you both agree on the type of pens you are exchanging so that the exchange is fairly even.

On July 1st I will start a new thread "2011 SMC Pen Exchange Photos". Please post photos of the pen that you received plus photos of any accessory items that may have came with it in that thread.

If I can get a moderator to make this thread a sticky until July 1st It would be appreciated by all? It will simplify keeping track of the list of participants.

Have fun and here's wishing everyone a successful 2011 Pen Exchange, enjoy.

Thanks,
    JD
    Hello James; I will be opting in to the pen exchange.

A "completed by date" should be established at this time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

Hello, I am new here and i would like to be involved in the pen exchange.