Thread: What's up with lawn sprinklers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

What's up with lawn sprinklers

I inadvertently broke our old oscillating lawn sprinkler while relocating the hose. Apparently all lawn sprinklers are not created equally. We've had this one so long I forgot when we got it, but it has worked reliably until I broke it. I went to the Orange Borg, bought their best metal base Melnor lawn sprinkler. Brought it home hooked it up and it ran for about a dozen oscillations until our water pressure dropped ( well 40-60 psig), then it stalled in one place, flooding that area. Even when the water pressure increased it remained stalled, just clicking away. Took it back got another of the same model (360M), same problem.

Reading sprinkler reviews online is amazing half the people either love a model or hate it.

Has anyone recently purchased an oscillating type lawn sprinkler for about $25-30 that works on water pressure down to 40 psig (or lower) that doesn't fall part in the first few weeks of use?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 06-08-2011 at 9:19 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute