Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen trade?

Pen trade?

Did I miss it or isn't it about time for a pen trade again?
    David

Even though I haven't been around much lately I haven't seen any postings. I would be interested in doing it again if someone organized another one....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Would be nice and I would be interested in doing so.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

I've been wanted to post the same question. Last years swap was my first and I enjoyed it a lot. I just made my PITH pen for the IAP 'swap' and they restricted it this year to only Pine. After years of only turning wood pens I'm just now getting into turning acrylics and even buying materials and tools to try my hand at casting. Love to see a swap myself. I honestly don't have any idea how much work there is to putting one together, hopefully not too much.

I'm in if the swap happens.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

I missed the iap one too. Thats what happens when you don't check very often. Last year was my first also...
    David

Me tooo! I always seem to see the posts after it's started!

I am in for one if we get one started. My swap mate and I were a little late completing the swap but we got er done.

"The best things in life are not things."

I wouldnt mind giving it a go either. someone will get a good laugh out of it im sure

Someone willing to take charge and organize a swap?
    David

I'm in...guess I better make some more. Do we want to consider a theme? IAP had to use construction grade pine. I missed it this time as well, but there will be another this year.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I am working on my IAP pen right now .... its my first run at the swap thing!

I'd be in for something here too .... gotta keep it 'simple' for those of us that are rookies....

Last year, if i recall, we didn't have a theme. Just mixed all the names up, paired folks up, and swapped pens. All we need is someone to volunteer to take charge and start a thread for people to sign up on...
    David

I am definitely a novice at this vortex thing and I haven't made nearly the number of things the masters on here have, but I'm in if there is a swap.

John

Quote Originally Posted by David Warkentin View Post
    Last year, if i recall, we didn't have a theme. Just mixed all the names up, paired folks up, and swapped pens. All we need is someone to volunteer to take charge and start a thread for people to sign up on...
    If we are going to do the same as last year I will take on the responsibility as coordinator. It will be tonight before I will be posting the signup thread assuming there is no objections to me as coordinator by then. In the mean time I will do some investigating to make sure I know what I am doing. There will probably be a time limit on the sign up and then I will start another thread to post photos of the exchanged pens. Let me know if there are any other specifics I should consider in the initial posting.

Catch everyone later.

"The best things in life are not things."

Alright James! Thanks a lot!
    David