I've used an old industrial shaper before and liked using a power feeder with it because I didn't want to go anywhere near those huge spinning cutter heads. For this reason I am looking at a standalone shaper I can permanently mount a power feeder to and leave it setup against a wall.

For the tablesaw, I ordered the largest Hammer K3W and am still waiting for it due to the long lead times for a machine to be built in Austria. Expect an over the top review in the near future.

I've used a Hammer A3-31 for over a year and boy is it well made. I feel as though it would be suitable for even a small cabinet shop for it holds its settings very well and performs very consistent. I used to have two lunchbox planers but I ended up selling them along with my Delta 6" deluxe jointer and will never look back.

You don't have to jump on the Hammer/Felder bandwagon right away though and can consider your options to be Minimax, Rojek, Laguna, and Grizzly for they all make "euro" style combination machines. Do your research on the internet, check craigslist and used machine websites.

Then let us know when you put your order in for the hammer machines... j/k