Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trend AS Pro Filter Question

@Jake, You will want to open the existing pack and replace the cells. Should be pretty easy (one of my packs came open on its own the other day). I haven't needed to do it to my packs yet, but I plan to do it when they don't hold a charge any more. It should be easier than for the packs on the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hotchkin View Post
    Joe
    Not to muddy the waters. But after reading all the post here and looking for more info for myself. I came across this product from 3M, (3m versaflo) system of components that you assemble to meet level of saftey the end user needs. Lungs, eye, ears, and face. Hope this is of some help to you. Tom P.S. After some additional read on the web, 3M Versaflo system that I like, was P/N TR 300-HIK. best price was little over $800.00. check out this link. http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/...-papr-kit.html
    Looks like the price has gone up. it is $1350 now!

joe

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and close the loop on this thread. Unfortunately, based on some of the responses, some of my comments were taken as an attack on the trend. They were definitely not meant that way. This was an important decision for me, and I shared the process honestly, and truly appreciated the many diverse posts!

Both units are excellent for particulate filtering. I would agree with some of the earlier posts that the disclaimers I saw were most likely related to liability prevention. I did get a chance to talk to 3m technical support about the HEPA vs TH2P filters (as well as some other questions). According to 3M, HEPA is considered equivalent to TH3P filtration, one notch above the TH2P, but very close.

Again, thanks to everyone that posted. Both units provide excellent particulate filtration, the filtration on the 3M is slightly better, and the airflow is approximately 50% greater, however this comes at 2.5x the price of an Airshield Pro. It truly comes down to a personal decision on cost versus the benefits and what is right for you.

Joe

Joe - very good summary. Thanks for the information.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author