Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucy Telles lidded Basket

Your work is always impressive. Thanks for sharing!

The illusion aspect of the piece blows me away. How in the world do you do something like that?

Like someone else said, scratching my head!!!

Jim, most everything has been said, but I just want to, once again, thank you for becoming an active member of Sawmill Creek. You have brought to this forum a level of expertise and artistry that is just not found often in this world. But, more than that, you have brought friendship and a willingness to share - those are rarities, as well. This piece is one of the more beautiful ones you have done IMHO, and just a wonderful work of art.

Hope to spend a few minutes with you over a cup of coffee in St. Paul - maybe that breakfast you mentioned!!

Next time you come to California young man...I fully expect to be humbled into getting details. I can toss my lathe in my truck and head north in 2 shakes of a whatchamacallit. As always...gallery work, suitable only for display!!!
    I saw this on display not to long ago, or a similar one...I can only oggle from afar...
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 05-28-2011 at 9:40 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Jim, It is an incredible work of art! I have to try some of this syle of turning if I ever get to turn again! Seems like everything else has been taking up my time, but you have reminded me of how wonderful the beading and burning method transforms a simple turning into something esqusite!

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Jim, you are the master ! Always beautiful work !
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Astounding basket illusion. Your skill is remarkable. It's a lovely vessel.

Jim, I'm like the others that can't come up with the right words to express how incredible your work is. Now after reading Hart's comment, I'm going on one of those google jaunts to see where your inspiration comes from.

To all you Guys & Gals, a big "Thank You" for all the nice postings about this piece. To those of you who like to Google the names of Basket Weavers add the names of Carrie Bethel & Louisa Keyser to your "to do" lists. Think you will find these names very interesting. Thanks again to all for the great compliments.
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is probably not for you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    But rather learning to dance in the rain

Another great turning Jim. I enjoy seeing your work and learning more about the people whose work you are inspired by.

11. Truly............exceptional!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Jim, that is beautiful. It looks like a lot of work but it's worth it.
    WoodChux