Thread: Engraved Baby Block

Engraved Baby Block

I just finished this simple baby block. It was quick and pretty easy. It turned out just fine. It's not the most creative or elegant engraved gift, but then again, I am not buying it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That idea, used on a nice wood block, would make for a sensational baby gift!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Dee's right! That's a neat idea.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I got the block from Laserbits and was less than satisfied with the quality, but the price was right-- pretty inexpensive. I am sure that could cobble together a more dignified block from solid wood.

Colorado Heirloom has some nice blocks in various colors and are available in either solid wood or hollow. They're listed under Specialty Items.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Corian might make a nice block too! Even layers of colored acrylic might be interesting... hmmm. Uh Oh, you got me thinking again.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I seen this on facebook and have since been trying to find a Canadian distributor for these blocks.
    Seaside Engraving & Embroidery
    Barudan 1 head embroidery machine
    Epilog Legend 45 watt, CorelDraw 12

Try Laserbits. This 3.5" block is hollow and made from MDF. They have smaller blocks that are solid wood, too. quality is marginal at best. But the price is right-- Both types are inexpensive.

These are good sellers! Colorado Heirloom is the supplier for these. I have wanted to play with the colored ones and will probably order some soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 35 watt, Rotary Attachment, Corel X-3

Gary and Jessica-- i like those much better. I am going to check out Colorado Heirloom today. Thanks for the info.