Thread: Sewing or Quilting Graphics?

Sewing or Quilting Graphics?

Hello all, I'm looking for any vector art that might be quilting or sewing related. I have a current project that is themed with that, and I can't find any graphics on any discs or books I own.

Since I don't quilt or sew, I have no idea what I'm looking for. Needs to be something I can engrave and then color fill.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks-
    Steve
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Would a quilt pattern itself be useful? I Google Image'd quilt pattern and selected the black and white image filter... lots of great images to choose from.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Joe Pelonio is our resident expert on that. You might send him a PM. Do a search on quilting as Joe has posted some things in the past.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I did search quilting and sewing, but found no vector art. They aren't really looking for a quilt pattern, but rather some of the "tools of the trade" type stuff.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

If you have any older copies of Corel, there are a number of graphics in those collections - sewing machines, needles, spools of thread, thimbles, pin cushions, scissors, etc.

Vector Art http://www.vectorart.com has a few sewing related items in their 1st collection - machine, spool of thread, etc. You can do a search for specific artwork and download/purchase individual graphics now.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

See if you can buy/find an old version of this http://www.electricquilt.com/default.asp. I've used it to do quilting intargia stuff and it is perfect, you can get vector graphics out it that simplify everything. I have (well, my wife bought and then decided not to use) version 5 and it is pretty neat.
    ULS 60W, Zenbot
    Corel, Imagaro, Paint Shop Pro, Vextractor, Mach 3, SheetCam