Thread: Guitar Builds From Woodworking Projects Forum

Guitar Builds From Woodworking Projects Forum

Hello all. I've been a member of the Creek for several years but have always posted my builds over in the Woodworking Projects forum. I haven't started any new builds since the Musical Instrument forum kicked off but I wanted to contribute to help get things going over here.

Here are links to my builds in the other forum.

Double Cutaway Prototype

proto.jpg

PRS Custom 22

prs.jpg

Mahogany Tele with Bent Sides - linked to telecaster.com

mahog.jpg

Maple/Alder Tele

purple.jpg

Strat & Tele Hybrid - linked to telecaster.com

stratele.jpg

Maple/Basswood Wolfgang

wolf.jpg

Alder Fiesta Red Tele

fiesta.jpg

Walnut Tele

walnut.jpg

Peace,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 05-23-2011 at 4:24 PM.
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Had to move these to add Icons

"Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

I've played a tele for years Mark, and have followed your tele builds as they have come up with great anticipation. I especially love your thinlines with the signature double "swoosh". I'm thinking about maybe possibly trying to make one myself this year, a tele thin line that is, and your work is an inspiration. Beautiful work you do, thanks much for sharing.

Hi Peter.

Thanks for the kind comments. Best of luck with your build. If I can help, just let me know.

Peace,
    Mark

Hey Mark, thanks for trying to add some life to this section. Would be nice to see more people building instruments here, such a large number of great people here.

I'm actually getting ready to start my first guitar build. Decided to try an electric before an acoustic. Figured I start with one I haven't owned yet, a Gibson SG style guitar. Instead of a solid body, I'm going to go with a honduran mahogany back and a quilted maple top. Mahogany neck, quilted maple headstock veneer, and I still need to decide on an ebony or rosewood fingerboard. Already have the maple top ordered and most everything else lined out other than a honduran mahogany body blank that is only 1" thick.

I'll be sure to start a thread here.

Hi Mark, Nice stuff, it looks like you also build guitar cases for you axes, any info on that?

Thnaks

Russ

Mark,

I will move your older threads to this forum when I get a few minutes.