Thread: Finger Joint Software

Finger Joint Software

Several months ago I found and downloaded a nice little software program that designed all six sides of any size box including the finger joints for all sides, top and bottom. Unfortuneately, my computer crashed and I lost the program. Does anyone know the location of this free software?

There are some threads on this. Look for box joints and boxes.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here's one that has a link, look down toward the bottom on Lee's post http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?129250-Boxes
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I have not used it yet since I have yet to get a laser but Boxmaker may work for you. It is free and requires no download. I have no affiliation what-so-ever with whoever makes Boxmaker - I'm curious to see if my first post gets me in trouble. ;-)

Rich

Welcome to SMC. I followed the links and they seem harmless enough, at least to me. And your suggestion answers the OP's question.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

There is another program similar to BoxMaker but more advanced that can make all different types of shapes, not just boxes. I spent a fair bit of time yesterday searching for it but came up empty handed. Wish I could remember what it is called. I can't believe I didn't bookmark it.

This is the one that you wanted to refer it to?

Ruben

Yes, that is the one I was looking for! Amazing. I searched for "Boxit" in google but it does not come up.

THAT's the one! Perfect! Thanks so much. I now have the system backed up every day. Lessons learned!

10. another boxmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    I have not used it yet since I have yet to get a laser but Boxmaker may work for you.
    It is free, requires no download an produces SVG files to import:
    Fingerbox / Boxmaker