Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I talked to Jim Adkins today...

1. Jim, those are absolutely beautiful, I don't think I would ever have the patience to do anything like that, but I sure enjoy and admire your work.

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments. And a big THANK YOU to Jim for all his help. You are right, Jamie, about Jim being a classy Dude. I would have thought some others had given this a go, maybe they will chime in later.
    I will say that as tedious as these things are, they are also quite addicting. Already thinking about no. 4...and 5...and..
    And Jim, I know where you're coming from about the Packard cover thing...but what on earth could I call this work??
    Maybe "Basket Re-Creations"...NO, maybe "Wood Baskets"...NO, maybe "Basket Illus..." wooops, better not go there. LOL

You could try "Basket Case"

...you know...see where it goes
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    You could try "Basket Case"

...you know...see where it goes
    I like that, and ya...I know.

I'm not sure what is more impressive; the turnings or the patience needed to execute that. I'd get 1/3 through one of those and it would sit on my workbench for 15 years while I moved on to something else. All three patterns are great, but I especially like the 2nd and 3rd ones.