Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your shop pets

Let's see your shop pets

Here is Wrigley my 5 month old blue merle Australian Shepherd.

Wrigley1.jpgWrigley2.jpgWrigley3.jpg

The first time I had him in my shop while I was turning he just stayed at my side trying to bite every shaving that came off the lathe.

So lets see your shop pets!

He's a good looking pup!

Here's a shot of my shop groupies taken looking out the door of the shop... They don't like the noise of the dust collector, so they patiently wait for me to come out.
    shop-groupies.jpg

Here are Wilson the Papillon, my floor cleaner/dust mop and Russel my Chihuahua Retriever. Unfortunately they dislike the noise and the cool temps so don't spend too much time with me although they often come to check that thinks are still OK. they seem to prefer sitting on a big pillow in front of the fire. Go figure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here’s a “screen shot” from my video, Seggy’s Dream. My shop dog, Bubby, steals the show every time that I’ve shown this video during my demos. If you haven’t seen the video, it’s here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn_mzDYq-s

Bubby.jpg

Blog Entries
    Haha, awesome looking pets
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Duncan - the warrior princess
    DSC_0040.jpgDSC_0031.JPG
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Tibbetts View Post
    Here’s a “screen shot” from my video, Seggy’s Dream. My shop dog, Bubby, steals the show every time that I’ve shown this video during my demos. If you haven’t seen the video, it’s here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn_mzDYq-s

Bubby.jpg

Nice video

about all i got out there with me is a couple of these little guys.
    imagesCA31UBSC.jpg This is hobbes (because i am calvin) she is not right in the shop with me but she is close enough that she has picked up and mimics the sounds of the saw and the sander. unfortunately she is also close enough to pick up some certain words I have usen to express my displeasure at something

hobbes.jpg

This is my golden retriever, Woody. He was a great shop dog until a half made baseball bat came flying off the lathe. Now he won't come near it. I guess you could say I scared the shop out of him!

Moffpix_101017_0130_low_res.jpgMoffpix_101017_0185_low_res.jpgMoffpix_101017_0245_low_res.jpgMoffpix_110201_0014_low_res.jpg

Blog Entries
    If we're including shop birds in the mix, our peach-faced love bird was put down yesterday due to neurological issues The Mrs. was an emotional wreck, followed eventually by the munchkin once she realized we weren't going back to the vet to pick up the bird later (I guess she got used to us dropping puppy off for visits and returning later in the day for pickup). Never could feel that emotionally attached to a bird, but I like them.

For now, though, we still have a 14-yo black Beagle/Lab/Dachshund mix that keeps us company (no pics on this computer to share)... when she goes, I think all of us will feel it. She cleans the floor of shavings one small space at a time by sitting there wagging her tail. The spot is really clean.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Moffett View Post
    This is my golden retriever, Woody....
    Oh...I like Woody. There is one happy friendly lookin' pup!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Ok, you all have a bunch of great looking companions there so I thought I should post mine, we have 4 shelties...it is a lot to handle especialy now but they are family. Gabriel and Pennie are brother and sister, we have had them the longest and they are my constant companions 24-7 since I am home all the time now...Gabriel is a daddys boy without a doubt, but Pennie is a very close second! We got Zek and Izzy about 2 years ago...by wife wanted some white Shelties after we saw one while out camping at a local state park and other then their faces Zek and Izzy are almost all white. Izzys eye color is due to a genetic thing...he is all completely deaf. Hopefully this will post in the order I list them here....

Oh yea...ignore the Candycane shaped letters around their necks, it was xmas and my wife was taking pics to send to family...the candycane is the first letter of their name..

Gabby - Gabriel
    Pennie
    Zek - Ezekiel
    Izzy - Isiah
    Last edited by Tim Thiebaut; 05-10-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

This is Scooter, my Huskey/Shepard buddy. Fortunately she won't go downstairs. She is chicken of the stairs. But, she is always at the top of the stairs to great me at the end of the dayJul01#03.jpg
    I turn, therefore I am

Meet Zoe, who always finds a pile of shavings or sawdust to make her bed.
    zoe in the shavings 3.jpg050.jpg

Blog Entries
    Here's Rudy, he usually hangs out in the shop with me on the off chance I will get tired and decide to take him for a walk. He's okay with most of the tools, but draws the line at the planer and router. He usually lays right where I can't forget that he is there.

I also have a shop cat, but he usually goes out when I go in and in when I go out. He definitely doesn't like power tools.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute