Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $$$$Cermark$$$$

I bought a spray can of it 8 years ago. The spray cans kept clogging, and cans within a lot number were being replaced for free (mine was in that lot number) My supplier sent me a new can, said to store it on it's side, and shake it for a full 2 minutes before using it. They did not want the old can back, and it was almost full. I released the pressure from it, and poured the contents into a small mason jar, let the rest dry, then scraped it into the mason jar. I added enough alcohol to thin it nicely, and I'm still using it 8 years later. The replacement can is on it's side in the cupboard, and I really don't care if it works or not anymore, I can always salvage the contents. I have done thousands of $ worth of product over that time. Cermark is probably the overall lowest cost/highest profit material I use.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Problems with CerMark?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    I haven't worked with it since they improved it. "Invested" $100 or so in a bottle then set up an airbrush
    and couldn't get it to work reasonably and consistantly. When they came out with their new and improved
    version a few years back, I believe they initially offed a 25% discount. I called and asked if I could return
    the old product that I couldn't get to work to try the new version one word NO. So to make a long story longer I don't use it. Instead of bringing a new customer into the fold they lost one.

I don't know I guess I'm getting cratchety in my old age, but I have started to quit dealing with
    those that don't meet expatations for good service. There are a handful of vendors out there that go the extra
    step to make sure everthing is right there are many more that really don't care. I know
    many here have had good luck with the product so that's great. Maybe I just got a salesman
    on a bad day.

As you can see many have tried to come up with different formulas but they never withstand the test
    of time. So as others have said if you can make money with it I guess it's worth it.
    Martin,

I noticed that you have a problem using our material in the past. I was wondering what product you purchased from us? I am here to offer any assistance in correcting the situation.

As far as an "Improved Version of LMM-6000" the formula has not changed for over 10 years now since the development.

Please contact me and I can provide you with any technical support if you wish to re-evalute our product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stephen Rozwood
    Technical Service Representative
    CerMark Laser Marking Products
    Ferro Corporation
    724-223-5990

Steve
    What happened to my color samples?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,
    Our records indicated that the free samples, 50 grams - RD-6151 and 50 grams - Rd-6150, shipping to St Louis Laser Inc ‘’ ‘’ has not been completed. I am not sure where they are but I will push another order through as soon as possible. I am very sorry about this and will try to find out what happened to the last order.
    Sorry about the inconvenience,
    Please contact me if you have any more concerns.
    Regards,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stephen Rozwood
    Ferro Corporation
    724-223-5990

Steve, are those numbers for ceramic or metal? Have you got red for metal yet? Last I heard it was not available, but it would sure be welcome!

thanks, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Red on Metal

Those are our Copper and Pearl colors for Stainless Steel and believe me when we get Red on Metal the world will know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stephen Rozwood
    Ferro Corporation
    724-223-5990

Cermark is actually a very cost effective way to mark metal, The trick is the whole thickness/power/speed/and scan gap issue, and I know how frustrating it can be when you are in the 'figuring it out' phase *hits self in head with hammer*

Steve saved my cookies not even a full week ago, btw Steve, the customer rec'd his purchase today and was thrilled!

I'm thinking I will be trying the copper soon.. but I'm crazy

Blog Entries
    I asked for a sample of the copper and pearl white when they hit the "soon to be released" stage a couple of years back, but I never received anything. I can see some pretty slick projects being done with it, that's for sure.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thanks Tammy, I'm glad we figured out that whole banding issue. It's funny, I tell people all the time when working with metal to do a test grid using 100% power and varry the speed of the machine but we learned that's not always the best solution. This taught me to take a step back and maybe something else may be going on. I'm glad that your customer liked the final piece, very nice artwork, couldn't imagine them not liking it.

Dan, I can't find you in our system please contact my e-mail and I will see about getting some samples to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stephen Rozwood
    Ferro Corporation
    724-223-5990