Thread: First time boxes and a minor gloat

First time boxes and a minor gloat

I've been lucky enough to scrounge some pallets from work ... one actually walnut and quite a few Mahogany one's from Panama, where we get a lot of our supply materials. Unfortunately, my SWMBO had an uncle pass away last year, however this past week her aunt gave me a small 10" Ryobi benchtop planer (gloat) that he had in his shop. I took the pallets apart, planed them to an even thickness, or tried to, and put together these small, simple boxes. For you that know me, I'm used to spinning things, so this is pretty new to me. Maybe with a little patience and a whole lot of practice, I can catch up to some of you guys. Still fun to be in the shop and it's actually 45 degrees already! Spring's coming in spite of that rodent in PA. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks, Ron

Ron,

Very nice. My grandfather used to make some really nice stuff from pallet wood. He would plane and look at the wood, match it up and make book shelves or what ever. it was truly awesome to see what he could do with this wood.

Pretty darn nice looking pallet wood! Around here pallets are normally made of oak, maple or poplar woods. Can't say I have seen any walnut pallets before.

The boxes look great for first attempts. My experiences with pallet wood have been that the grit eats up planer blades...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.