Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all of our Armed Servicemembers

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    Dictionary Definition:

human being
    n a member of any of the races of Homo sapiens; person; man, woman, or child

Yes, I agree that we can celebrate the end of a very large evil, but dancing in the street to celebrate that? We may not agree with what he has done, but it is not our job to judge his actions. That is reserved for a higher power no matter what power it is that you believe in. (The higher power could be judicial or religious.)

And just to make it very clear, I am an American and agree that it was one of those necessary evils that needed to be dealt with, but taking pleasure in another's demise seems like a greater evil.
    Whether we like it or not, we have to make judgments about whether another person has committed a crime and how serious that crime is. My judgment is that Bin Laden was especially evil, wishing to bring death to people simply because they did not share his beliefs - men, women, and children, civilian or military - and he did bring death to many. I did not dance in the street but I can understand why people would do so. An especially evil person has been brought to justice and I'm quite happy about it. It is incumbent on society to purge itself of evil, especially the type of evil espoused by Bin Laden.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

A hearty thanks.

One of the prouder moments of my life was the opportunity to meet Marcus Luttrell and shake his hand and thank him for his service. A true Hero in many senses of the word, and an incredibly tough Navy Seal.

Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-02-2011 at 4:42 PM.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

My thanks as well.

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." ~ Mark Twain
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 05-02-2011 at 4:00 PM. Reason: add quote

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Dictionary Definition:

human being
    n a member of any of the races of Homo sapiens; person; man, woman, or child

Yes, I agree that we can celebrate the end of a very large evil, but dancing in the street to celebrate that? We may not agree with what he has done, but it is not our job to judge his actions. That is reserved for a higher power no matter what power it is that you believe in. (The higher power could be judicial or religious.)

And just to make it very clear, I am an American and agree that it was one of those necessary evils that needed to be dealt with, but taking pleasure in another's demise seems like a greater evil.
    Well, that's not from my dictionary. :-)

And I am quite comfortable with celebrating the end of this monster. We, the world community, have judged him evil and he was taken out based on this judgement. What becomes of him in the afterlife is for a higher power to decide. I think it's appropriate to celebrate his demise just as people celebrated the demise of the Axis Powers in the previous century.

Folks,

Lets please stop the one-upmanship arguments. I doubt seriously if you will change each others minds and frankly its off topic for this thread. Please.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I honestly have no idea what you mean by one-upmanship, Ken. But I will try to stay on topic.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-02-2011 at 6:19 PM. Reason: removed theory - political - not germane

This thread is about thanking those in the military for their service. It is not about any theories about Bin Laden or any form of political discussion.

I would hate to close this thread because certain members can't display a little personal discipline.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Proud to be an American. Proud of our troops and others. God bless them.

More work to do though.

PHM

Bravo Zulu, USSOCOM (JSOC) Personnel ... *Thank You*

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Our nation's finest have taken out the world's worst.
    Concur, well said. Thank God for the SEALs!
    ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YMMV. IMHO. FWIW. SYOB. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

Are we any better than anyone else if we take pleasure in another's demise?
    Yes

How many innocent people from here out won't die because he did? How many soldiers did we lose in fighting to minimize collateral damages? It wouldn't have been difficult to level a six block radius with a couple button pushes.

I agree that any loss of life is a terrible thing, it was of his own making. Staying alive would have been easy for him, don't take up arms against us.

The campaign is far from over. Now is the time to remain vigilant.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

This news flash
    Ben Laden 's last face book entry released."BRB some ones at the door"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Clark De View Post
    This news flash
    Ben Laden 's last face book entry released."BRB some ones at the door"
    Geez Bill, a little warning, I choked so badly on my tea that one of the people in the office next to mine came in to see if I was OK..............Rod.

Good one Bill. Hilarious!
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Have any of you had the newest cocktail craze? A Geronimo - two shots and a slight splash.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra