Thread: LiquaMask

LiquaMask

Just got an email from the LaserBits folks about this new product. Anyone ever use this?

Ed
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Vytek 5151 FXB 100W, Adobe CS5 (Illustrator + Photoshop), Photograv 3.0, Laserworx (signlab)

It seems extremely pricey , seems the same stuff as this (even wording is similar)
    http://www.strippablecoating.com/las...tion_Mask.aspx
    Maybe a lot cheaper from them.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

If a Ferrari is like a Toyota, then yes they are similar. The best form of flattery is to have someone copy your words and make them theirs.

LiquaMask is not free but works fabulous for many applications. We still recommend a paper mask for some applications and the more durable Green Laser Tape and Red Polyester Tape for deep sandblasting applications.

In our Laser Clinics we always promote simpler is better. A simpler process that allows you to get the job out the door is always better than spending hours trying to produce a saleable product.

The down side to the LiquaMask is the drying time and that it is not recommended for bare, uncoated wood. Customers have reported major reductions in drying time by using a fan, not heat, to dry the liquid coating. As for bare uncoated wood, there is not a great solution for that right now but our team has been working a special formulation for this application.

If you have any questions please contact me or our customer service reps.

Mike-

PS: I used LiquaMask on some Easter eggs and engraved through the coating, then dipped the egg in dye...worked great.
    'Redline is an aim point'

Mike Fruciano
    Owner
    LaserBits

Any help with Liquimask with this?

This is a custom logo that my cnc guy cuts for me. I have these sent to me by mail, as he is hours from me. Can I use liquimask to help paint this, or is it too late? Should it be applied before routing? If that's the case, I'm sol. Currently, I'm spray painting them with templates cut from acrylic, but it is not so good, with some overspray going on.

Mike

Hi

You can try

Lexus paints from india. Who does this
    Strippable coating

www.lexuspaints.com
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD