Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks ya'll for your critiques

Thanks ya'll for your critiques

this is a QUICKY picture of the remake of the center..many folks disliked it enough I changed it..Philip L gave me the idea to use metal. I used varigated copper & i love it. In the picture the center looks a tad oversize, but in real life it looks about right. Since this original piece is a prototype it will end up in the firewood pile, and I will make another just for this center. Maybe I will save the old 1/16 inch segmentation & make a piece for it. thanks again ya'll, for your comments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Michelle, You must be having a terrible morning. FIREWOOD PILE!!! No way. If you don't want it send it to me

Love this piece, the copper makes it really stand out. All your work is great!
    Rex

This new centerpiece really complements and finishes the piece much nicer IMHO. Exceptional work.

Either center works for me. The copper adds a little pizazz while the segmented one is more subtle.

Also, this should NOT end up in the firewood pile! There are many of us who would love to have something like this in our homes!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Michelle, I like this one much better for this piece. I do think the segmented center has its place and should be retained for future use. I look forward to seeing the "real turning", since this is the prototype. Many of us wish our turnings looked as good as your prototypes!!

Michelle, it's a gorgeous piece and something I could never throw in the firewood pile. But, as my skills increase, the pieces in my firewood pile are looking better. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Whippingwater
    What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about.

I don't know if this qualifies as a good 'critique' .. but I'd like to have a Michelle Rich Prototype in my house! I like metal accents with finely crafted wood. Thanks for sharing your work!

Michelle: After seeing this here and then looking back at the original segmented center, I hate to admit it but this works better. I really like segmented turnings and am familiar with how time consuming they can be. Hopefully you can use that center elsewhere. By the way I would really like to see your firewood pile. Bet it looks better than anything I have brought to the house yet! Hope you post a picture of the next one when its done. Outstanding work.

Lovely. It no longer reminds me of the sun rising above the water, though. The variegated copper resembles the harvest moon.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

wow, I'm getting a fat head..thanks, I'm lovin' my new fat head! It's snowing here this morning, so this gave me a great boost.

Find a hat that fits and stay warm. If you burn this piece, I hope you at least be there with it as it "transitions"....lots of love in that Im sure!
    mj

I really like this copper center piece! In my opinion, it doesn't compete with the radial elements of the fan and the color variations work well with the color of the wood! Very nice modification to your original!

I agree with EVERYONE else here.... don't burn the prototype! If nothing else, set it aside as a record of your progress!

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing what's next!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Well, Michelle, you ignored my post so I guess I am out of luck. But your piece gave me a great idea for a turning. Gotta make lemonade out of lemons, right? I am always optimistic and grab the positive. What I can't figure out, for the life of me, is how you get such perfectly square negative spaces. I have admired your other pieces and you certainly have it mastered. Beautiful piece of art.

Michelle your work continues to amaze me with your creativity, another great piece from you, very nice....love the copper middle on this one!