Thread: Bad Axe Dovetail Saw

Bad Axe Dovetail Saw

Bad Axe has a new 10" dovetail saw. I did a quick search here and didn't see anything on it. It looks like it is, well, a bad axe saw. I have nothing but the highest expectations. I put down a deposit for one yesterday and I'm now patiently (not really) waiting for it to be made.

The only dovetail saw I've ever used was a $10 hunk-o-junk from Ace Hardware that I fitted with my own amateur version of a traditional open handle.

Anyone else looking at this thing?

Always looking...
    Most of my saws are restored vintage. In fact, of the 25 or so saws that I currently have, the only one I bought new is a LN dovetail saw. It is a fine saw, but I tend to prefer the old ones. I don't know why, maybe because I'm cheap?
    All of the Bad Axe saws look pretty nice. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it.

Paul

Ben,

I ordered a prototype of the new Bad Axe Dovetail Saw late last year. Mark made it for me using his 12" saw plate and cherry closed handle. It cuts like a dream. I actually really like the longer saw plate. I know you're going to love yours.

Mike

I have 3 saws on order from Mark right now, the new 10 inch Dovetail included... Can't wait!!!

My wallet screams for mercy. I've been resisting mark's offerings, but my will is weakening.....
    Paul