Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple more with twisted finials

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adkins View Post
    very nice job Richard. I too like the poplar form better, better proportions I think.
    So, when is this Tutorial forthcoming for all to see??
    Jim
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. I've run into a problem with the tutorial. I had just completed it the other night, and added the pictures. I thought I had saved it the same as I had every other time while working on it, but now I can't find it. When I go to My Documents, the title is still there, but Word gives me a message that the "Document name or path is not valid". It then gives two suggestions; "Check the file permissions for the document or drive, or Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document (C:\Users\...Spiral Finial Tutorial.rtf)".
    So, it's still in there, but for some strange reason I can't get to it. I don't know what I did different from before when I was putting it together. As you can tell, I'm a computer dummy. I'm hoping to get my son over to help me out, but for now, I can't even get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Madden View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. I've run into a problem with the tutorial. I had just completed it the other night, and added the pictures. I thought I had saved it the same as I had every other time while working on it, but now I can't find it. When I go to My Documents, the title is still there, but Word gives me a message that the "Document name or path is not valid". It then gives two suggestions; "Check the file permissions for the document or drive, or Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document (C:\Users\...Spiral Finial Tutorial.rtf)".
    So, it's still in there, but for some strange reason I can't get to it. I don't know what I did different from before when I was putting it together. As you can tell, I'm a computer dummy. I'm hoping to get my son over to help me out, but for now, I can't even get to it
    Richard,
    Did you try opening it up from inside Word? If you did, go to the start menu at the bottom left corner of the screen and click on My Documents. Then find the file there and when you do, double click on it. It should open up the Word program and the file.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Effinger View Post
    Richard,
    Did you try opening it up from inside Word? If you did, go to the start menu at the bottom left corner of the screen and click on My Documents. Then find the file there and when you do, double click on it. It should open up the Word program and the file.
    Yup, tried that several times. That is when I get the above mentioned message.

Bill Bowers has a book on turning these & I believe Mortimer too..maybe folks could read those until
    Richard gets his tutorial out of the computer appealing pieces, Richard

Nice work Richard! Really find the Tulip Poplar piece appealing! Very pleasing form!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

There are both beautiful, Richard, although the Tulip Poplar does have slightly more appeal.

As far as your "missing" file, have you tried opening Word than at the top click 'file' and you should see towards the bottom of the menu the path and names of recent files opened, you may be able to open it from there.
    Good Luck, I am looking forward to reading the tutorial.