Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet bench-top spindle sander

I've had one for the past 3 years and use it off and on. Works great for me. I have a shop vac hooked up to it and dust collection is really good. I haven't tried to buy new sanding rounds for it yet. I like it. What I would look at before buying is the bottom corners that it sits on. For some reason they keep shipping them with inadequate cushioning on the bottom and they all show up with damage. You know its coming like that, advise them to beef up the cushioning, and still shows up damaged. Mine along with lots of others. Not too smart on their part and I guess they really don't care. Other than that frusterating part, works fine. Randy

This is strange to have one of my old threads pop up the same day I just logged back in as I see I've been away from this form awhile. This was a a bit a go but I ended up with a Grizzly combo spindle disc sander instead. I think they had a Christmas sale going on which put the price not far over the Jet (and others) bench top machines at that time. That is the perfect combo for me. I know it has plastic drive components but so do the bench top ones. If anyone wants to know more I can share a quick review on specific areas. This reminds me I need to make a wooden cabinet to replace the steel one that has no storage. And maybe find time to convert the old 6X48 belt sander into a edge sander.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cramer View Post
    This is strange to have one of my old threads pop up the same day I just logged back in as I see I've been away from this form awhile. This was a a bit a go but I ended up with a Grizzly combo spindle disc sander instead. I think they had a Christmas sale going on which put the price not far over the Jet (and others) bench top machines at that time. That is the perfect combo for me. I know it has plastic drive components but so do the bench top ones. If anyone wants to know more I can share a quick review on specific areas. This reminds me I need to make a wooden cabinet to replace the steel one that has no storage. And maybe find time to convert the old 6X48 belt sander into a edge sander.
    I was just about to suggest that that was a really good price, but then I saw the date. Currently with the Jet sale it's US$449, and that's still not too bad. I don't have one, I was always kind of put off by what seemed like iffy dust collection.