Thread: wiring up an Oneida-air Bag Gripper

wiring up an Oneida-air Bag Gripper

Hello,

I'm new to the list and in the process of fixing up my older single car garage into a studio. In the process I've installed a PSI cyclone which is working well. After dealing with emptying it a few times I'm investing into the Oneida-air Bag Gripper.

In doing some searching I've decided to wire two outlets to a short plug that's connected to a 220v PSI remote. My question is the best way to wire the two outlets. I know unlike 110 you can't run them inline. I've read that the best way to do this would be to use a pigtail. If that sounds bad I'd be open to other idea. I know the vacuum pump doesn't take much voltage do I don't think it will be taxing to the system.

thanks

Joe Federici

Joe, if I understand you correctly you need to use a duplex outlet so you can plug in your cyclone and your bag gripper. Is that correct?

Then just purchase the correct duplex receptacle..........Regards, Rod.

220V 20A duplex receptacles

Rod,

I didn't know they make 220V 20A duplex receptacles. I don't think large stores like lowes or HD have them but I do have a local place I can try.

thanks

Joe

Another option is to use a 4x quad box and install two single 220V outlets.
    Yes, pigtails are certainly acceptable.

If the Oneida thingamagig uses 120V, then you will need both hots plus the neutral--otherwise only the two hots are required.
    Have a great day

-------------------------------

Any day that begins by awakening can't be all bad.

OK because the 12/3 wire is a bit stiff I put each outlet in it's own box.I looked at the duplex outlet but I would need to order one as no one stocked them local and the price was about the sale as going with two outlets and boxes. Because I'm pulling less then the 20 amps and I'm the only one using the shop I'm not that worried that I'm plugging two outlets into one. My PSI cyclone uses 13 amps and the vacuum is pulling 7.5 watts.

thanks for all the Help I'm waiting for the silicone to dry but everything is ready to go. The two new outlets are to the right I then ran a plug into the PSI remote.

IMGP4652.jpg