I searched, but didn't find any threads on this subject. Please let me know if I missed any.

I’m strongly considering my first bandsaw purchase this week. I’ve been looking at the Rikon 10-325 for a few years, but recently discovered the Jet Deluxe Pro JWBS-14DXPRO.

In comparing specs I see few differences:

...The table on the Rikon is larger, but I don’t think that will be significant.
...The Rikon includes a fence and the Jet doesn’t. Easily remedied, several ways.
...The Rikon is 1.5 hp vs. 1.25 hp for the Jet.
...The Jet includes Carter-style guides, and that would have to be purchased separately for the Rikon.

With exception of the hp and the table size, after-market covers the difference. How much better (REALLY) are Carter-style guides?

Owner/user ratings appear to be pretty high for each machine. Based on reading reviews I’m inclined to believe the smaller (hp) motor on the Jet would perform acceptably for resawing, as long as one exercises restraint and lets the tool do the work.

The Jet goes on sale tomorrow (I think) at 15% off, and that is really attractive to me. That makes the cost difference between the machines about $305 with the Rikon being higher.

...Jet standard package approximately $765 (plus tax);
...Rikon (plus Carter guides) approximately $1,070 (plus tax).

Please offer any opinions. Thanks in advance.

Andy