Thread: simple and fast cnc computer table.

simple and fast cnc computer table.

I got tired of my knock together stands that I got from shopbot files. they were wobbly and we had a munch of mince and they peed on them. Plus my monitor hardly fit and I wanted to go with two monitors.
    So I made this table out of marine mahogany plywood. I for got I had some sepelle plywood that would have let me use one piece for the top.
    well anyway I spent a whole 2.5 hours on this sucker. I forgot the bottom braces so I had to screw them on. otherwise all the joints are glue and pressure fit. This may be the last time the top is seen. I just made fun dogbones to connect the two pieces of the top simple half laps to make the legs since the material was not large enough.

Steve knight
    cnc routing

Nice job!

That motor sitting on the table isn't the one you replaced from the Fein Turbo, is it? I would have thought the Fein wouldn't have a horn outlet.

no's it's the same idea though it is 220 and I will be hooking two up in series to get a stronger suction. I am making the enclosures for them now. They are far cheaper then a fein I can get 4 of them for almost the same price as a fein.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Very interesting. I'd like to see what you come up with.

I have one of those motors. It is noisy.

Steve knight
    cnc routing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve knight View Post
    I don't see any pics of where the vac motor is mounted? Am I missing it?

I have 4 of those mounted in a box myself. Works fairly well. Something like $130-140 each (I don't recall, I had to buy 2 about 6 or 8 months ago).

They are really powerful (and noisy). I had a meeting with an acoustic engineer yesterday talking about how to make the entire thing quiet. Can't wait to try out his suggestions.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I have 4 of those mounted in a box myself. Works fairly well. Something like $130-140 each (I don't recall, I had to buy 2 about 6 or 8 months ago).

They are really powerful (and noisy). I had a meeting with an acoustic engineer yesterday talking about how to make the entire thing quiet. Can't wait to try out his suggestions.
    So you guys are using these as hold-downs?

Yes, it's the vacuum system for the vacuum table.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.