Thread: Paint For Acrylic

1. Paint For Acrylic

hello every one

first i appologize for my english , it`s not very well . i just try to paint an acrylic with non tradotional paint ( spray ) , i tried a Poweder coating paint and it`s gave me a very good result !! i surprised !! for the test i only bought 1 color ( red )

lets talk about the steps :
    1- I engraved the logo with little deep engraving( only the space wich i want to paint it ).
    2- I put the powder paint on the engraved area and make it equal by my hand.
    3- i engraved again with low power (10) and high speed (100).
    4- then i removed the extra powder from other space area by my hand and you can use i handy vacum .
    5- then i engraved the rest of the logo ( i hoped that i have a yellow color ).
    6- remove the item and wash it

let see the sample
    VLS 4.60 50w
    corel x5
    Autocad 2010
    new in laser world

Good experiment, Hussain! Looks like a success to me. Do you think the few rough edges are the result of uneven powder in those spots? And if so, would it have been too thin or too thick in those spots? Still, it looks a lot nicer than some paint jobs I've seen, especially at a much enlarged view, as I assume it is not really that big.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

3. i do not adjust any of smooth i only focus in the paint , i will do my best tomorrow for better finiching ,
    the scratched as you seen is becuase i already try to remove the paint by my key and it`s perfect ( just wont to check the paint will remove by the time or not and i think it will not )n
    VLS 4.60 50w
    corel x5
    Autocad 2010
    new in laser world

Hussain

That is very impressive. Please show us more.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Way to think outside the box! I have some powder paint that I am going to try in a bit!

Great idea. Never thought of using powder coat on acrylic. Maybe it works pretty much on anything. Anyone ever tried an metal, as if the powder coat actually baked / fuzed - then maybe like Cermark in a way.

Always endless possibilities with a laser.

Now to get me a CNC Style Laser with large bed and high power. Looking at DIY'ing one.
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

Looks promising, Hussain.

Smoke-Wood sells the LazerDarc to make wood darker, but they also have been selling colors for wood and acrylic (the fact that it can be used on acrylic is not well promoted.)

http://www.smoke-wood.com/SM-wd-21.HTML

Some people think that the materials Smoke-Wood is selling is just powder-coat powder. I don't know - it might well be - if you have access to powders you could probably come up with something that works. But if someone wants to avoid the R&D, the Smoke-Wood products should work on acrylic.