Thread: Probems burning

Probems burning

Help, I am having issues with my finished products. While the laser is burning or etching it starts to burn wavy. Wavy and then will burn straight again then back to wavy. I have cleaned the lenses. Any ideas why. I have a epilog 45 watt.
    Thanks

Call Epilog tech support. Your best bet for a quick resolution. You will get lots of speculative answers on here and some right, some wrong. They are your best bet IMHO.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Welcome to the Creek, Lori! It sounds like you have something loose, flapping, vibrating or moving.

If it's your substrate, since you don't mention what it is, it could be curved wood, lightweight paper, warped acrylic, etc. Make sure it is flat and secure. If you are using air assist, it could be pushing your substrate around too.

If it's your laser, check all belts and lenses and whatever else you can find for loose screws or connections. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable guys here who can help you if you find a loose part.

And Larry is right - Epilog tech support is excellent!

Good luck, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Lori

I like Dee's answer but please tell us what material you are using.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It happens when dealing with any material, wood plaques,glasses in rotarty. It was doing this before about a month ago and then starting working again.

Blog Entries
    Pics speak a thousand words here...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

If your machine has positioning encoders , like encoder strips or shaft encoding discs on the motors , they might be dirty.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I will try and post pic today
    Thanks

Sometimes a regular cleaning/lubricating will solve a problem like this. If that hasn't solved the problem, let the epilog tech people talk you through the fix. Might be the tension on the belt, real easy to adjust, but let them guide you over the phone. Have a screwdriver ready in case they ask you to remove the side panels.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC