Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: "old money"

that's it for day one. side benefit...A LOT of kindling!..

Randal

Just a short note to let you know that I'm sitting back watching the chips and slivers fly. I know it will be another masterpiece when finished.

Cheers

Don

Oh boy! Looking forward to it as well. Thanks for posting your work here Randall.

day two....lots more kindling. it's just an illusion how fast it seems to be going in the beginning.

6. Great to see another masterpiece unfolding. This is my now my favorite stop each day.

thanks to all that are watching and especially those that comment. when i'm on day 40 remember how far you thought i got on day 4. also keep in mind that this is a commission so i have to stay on a certain track. it's the third incarnation of the first one.

Randall,

May your "Old Money" continue to bring you "new money"--just saying. You have a gift and obviously can use it.

I thoroughly am enjoying the threads and check daily (at least).

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

thanks bruce. at sort of a crossroads here. thinking of lowering the top edge of the box a fat quarter inch. stay tuned.

it gets a little slower now....but the hours don't

Randall, there is something incredibly and gloriously wrong with your brain. There's a lot of work I can't duplicate...OK...A LOT or work....but there's very little that I can't even comprehend just how the heck to even think about it. Your mind works in mysterious ways.

thanks john. funny you should say that...my wife, caren, agrees with you. in the next few photos i'm going to try and show exactly what this process is really about. since i don't work from drawings or models and there is no real object i can pretty much do what i want. there is a lot of controlled accident. when i made the original cut for the flap(day one) i did what i always do...i left a lot (about an inch) extra. when i cut it back i left what looked like the ends of some stacks sticking out. i liked how it looked but there was a big problem. there wasn't enough room left in the box for the length of the bills. hmmm.

i think i have made this analogy before but it might be a good time to repeat it. i'm a surfer. to ride a wave you have to see what the wave is going to do before it does it. i kinda do the same thing carving...but at a much slower pace. every step, every movement of my hand, is decided by what's in front of me at the moment.,
    Last edited by randall rosenthal; 02-25-2014 at 9:41 PM.

Last edited by randall rosenthal; 02-26-2014 at 8:30 AM.

ok here's the solution. bend the stack over so both ends are the same stack and there's enough room. i like how it looks like its holding up the flap. obviously this is just roughed in at this point. this part of the sculpture was never in my minds eye when i started....but was totally necessary for the continuation of the process. this happens a lot.

moving right along.....