Thread: Thanks Ray & Lynn

Blog Entries

Thanks Ray & Lynn

I wish to publicly thank Ray and Lynn for their outstanding hospitality to open their home, shop and property to 75+ complete strangers, well, maybe not complete, but pretty strange.

I for one had a great time. Ken taught me how to make a pen, no I didn't buy a lathe on the way home. I also saw lots of other lathe demos and had a chance to pick up a few other woodworking tips. A few people were getting addicted to lathe working. Hopefully the quick demo I gave on making raised panels will help a few people make better panels.

The food was great and plentiful, if anyone left hungry it was their own fault, thanks Lynn for putting together such a good spread. Bill Grumbine makes a pretty good public address system.

Thanks to the various sponsors for the door prizes. I thought the project exchange was a great idea Ray.

It was a great day and a great chance to meet old friends and start new friendships. I was glad that LOML and daughter decided I should go.

Did anyone get an accurate count of how many were actually there?

P.S. Ken did you try THE HAT on on the way home?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

The Hat

It should be noted, the hat left Anderson, IN on Gary Hern's head ---- not mine
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I second the emotion...

What a great day! Seeing some familiar faces and meeting a few new ones to associate with the names that populate this BB and the old Badger Pond. Worth the 225-mile drive down from Chicago. Sure wish Wayne Miller could have been there to see what he started. Thanks to Ray & Lynn and all who pitched in to make this a very memorable occasion. If you didn't make this one, you really missed a great time.

And after meeting Ken Salisbury in person, I doubt I'll ever be the same again. Mr. Salisbury, sir, you are a piece of work!

Cheerst,

Phil