Thread: Mobile Base For Delta 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw With 30-Inch Unifence

Mobile Base For Delta 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw With 30-Inch Unifence

who makes a base for this saw besided htc?

Delta makes one...but it's not all that. I've got one on my old -441, and it's adequate, but the small solid wheels like to hang up on every dip and obstacle. I'll be following this thread, as I'm looking to upgrade.
    Mick

Best thing I've done for my contractors saw was to take it off the mobile base, remove the feet, cut a square of 3/4" plywood large enough for the four legs to sit on top of, drill the plywood so that the holes lined up with the now vacant foot holes, and install a set of Kreg casters. Raises the height a little (good for me, I'm tall), makes it super easy to wheel around the shop or out into the driveway, and when locked the casters are rock steady.

I think you might get the same functionality with less hight increase with Rockler's Big Foot All Terrain base, but man it's expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    Delta makes one...but it's not all that. I've got one on my old -441, and it's adequate, but the small solid wheels like to hang up on every dip and obstacle. I'll be following this thread, as I'm looking to upgrade.
    i was looking for the delta base....can't find it anywhere online

Here's what I did to my Unisaw. On the left side of the saw, I bolted two non-swiveling casters. They're set so they're just off the floor when the saw is in use. To move the saw, I pick up on the fence rails (on the right side of the saw). That rotates the wheels down to touch the floor, and I wheel the saw around like a wheelbarrow. There's no moving parts required, and the parts cost is low.

The casters don't need an intermediate block or anything. They just bolt directly to the side of the saw, with the mounting bolts running horizontally, not vertically.