Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bit of organization!

Can't have enough storage in the shop. Nice way to keep organized John.
    But I'm thinking the way you are collecting turning items you should of put up a few more bins....

I like your idea of bins for sandpaper discs. I was going to partition a drawer, but this might be a better method. My shop is aways a bit cluttered, but slowly improving - steady by jerks.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Good lookin set up John... Now you need to come over and organize mine!

All these flat work tools keep getting in the way... I need to buy another tablesaw to put all this stuff on
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

John, do you wear a coat and tie while turning? Maybe under your white smock? Just to keep the shaving from going down your neck?

My shop would make you crazy!

John - looks great! Very organized and very clean looking! I would expect nothing less! Enjoy the organization!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Geez, I'm jealous of all you that have walls to hang stuff on. My shop building is all aluminum framed with panelling on the inside walls. Leonard buildings don't have a typical 2x4 16" center studs. So what few items I was able to hang I had to use self tapping screws and pre-drill. A clean shop is the only way to go, makes it easier to work when you walk back in. Thanks for sharing John.

....not to self: Spend 2 days cleaning up shop before any visit from John Keaton.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

my shop has that "lived in" look well at least thats my story and i'm sticking to it

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dickerman View Post
    Sheesh....I am associating with neat freaks!!!
    Amen to that, Wally. They wouldn't want to see my shop.

John, if you are ever out this way, I would love for you to visit my shop for a day or two-it could use your tender touch!

Nice and neat just like the guy that lives there – hummmm . . . you trying to tell us something? LOL Really John that is sweet, but now I'm going to have to decide if on the wall would be better than in a drawer – we turners do live a rough life! I’m thinking that the drawer with slots would be nice for larger sheets plus storage before I need to cut them up. Then I could put the style like you have on the wall next to the lathe with the paper cut and ready to be used – looks like a win/win! Thank you John for posting this – I do like a very neat and organized shop.

Now thanks to you and Sean, I know what to do with the one large drawer I have that’s full of sand paper!
    Last edited by Carol Kinney; 03-02-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Dust protects, it is God's slipcover.
    "Time flys like an arrow........ Fruit flies like a bannana."

I just need all of you to know that I have not always been this way with my shop!!! I do recall the days of standing knee deep in shavings and sawdust. But, since installing the DC system, life is good! I am motivated to keep it clean and organized. Or, perhaps it is just some early signs of mental illness setting in!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Pogue View Post
    Dust protects, it is God's slipcover.
    Andy, Ms. Keeton will need to read this!!! She will love it.

14. A CLEAN shop is a SAFE shop! I spent 2 days 2 weeks ago cleaning and rearranging things. Cleaned and waxed my table saw and bandsaw tops, and rebuilt the stand for my drill press to make it more stable. I actually have room to walk now that I have those log blanks moved from away from the door! I can actually put a board on my radial arm saw without having to move a pile of other stuff!

When I get mine cleaned, then I want to go in and do some work.............something about a fresh start that gets the old "want to" in gear!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 03-02-2011 at 3:57 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

My shop is also a mess. Just picked up about 650 bd ft of cherry. And have a bunch of wood in there for blanks. But I can still walk in there. Yes the cherry is only about 4/4. You didn't think all I did was turn did you?
    David