Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unofficial playoff pool pt2

Joe Mioux's Pick:

Pats and Eagles in XXXIX

Steelers 21

Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner!! Congratulations !!

Great game, the team played it perfect!!!!! Stopping them on 4th and one and recovering the fumble after having the interception the previous set of downs was huge. But the 3rd quarter had me pacing around the house a bit, I didn't want it to get to a one score game. We made only one mistake last week in a "motion" penealty and I didn't see any mistakes this week....(brady made some GREAT throws, even though we never heard that from the announcers)if we continue that trend in two weeks our group of non-stars should do OK. Who you picking Jerry?
    Last edited by Tim Morton; 01-24-2005 at 7:37 AM.

Talking Tim are you gloating?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    Great game, the team played it perfect!!!!! Stopping them on 4th and one and recovering the fumble after having the interception the previous set of downs was huge. But the 3rd quarter had me pacing around the house a bit, I didn't want it to get to a one score game. We made only one mistake last week in a "motion" penealty and I didn't see any mistakes this week....(brady made some GREAT throws, even though we never heard that from the announcers)if we continue that trend in two weeks our group of non-stars should do OK. Who you picking Jerry?
    Tim it was a great game. Pats played almost perfect. Again, outstanding coaching! Steelers killed themself w the 3 early turnovers which all lead to scores. Steeler QB was shaky in 1st half (rookie year) but he and team came back and played well in 3rd qtr inspite of another mistake leading to another score. Brady was magnificent (his passing perfect), When I say they have no stars (and Brady is one) I mean that as a compliment and that they are a TEAM playing together within Belechek's system. He is a great coach, prob the best of our time but I wouldn't put him in same class as Lombardi. Tim, I used to live in Shrewsbury, Mass as well as N. Andover when I worked in Boston so I have New England ties. You know I'm a RedSox fan and have always been a big Celtic fan but I miss the days of Bird, McHale and Parrish,etc. After Pats easily beat Indpls, I figured they will go all the way. They will be expected to win the Super Bowl (including me) but I will prob pick Eagles in your next pool to be different. Congrats on great victory! Don't gloat too openly.
    PS I agree that wasn't the greatest announcing team. Jim Nantz is better @ golf. They made several bad calls and didn't give defense enough recognition.
    Jerry

Tim,

The Eagles just out-manned the poor one-dimensional Falcons! But, they better bring their "AA" game - not gonna be good enough to just have an "A" game! Remember how Pittsburgh shut them down - NE will do the same. Defense Wins Championships!

Just like the first meeting, it came down to playing Mistake Free football and capitalizing on the mistakes that the other team made. And Man, did Brady take Polamalu to school! That kid's gonna be a great one, but not quite yet! The same can be said for Big Ben - gonna be greatm but not quite yet.

But at least I do get to say I had Pittsburgh's score right - it just wasn't enough!

Now, since I have been transplanted to Vermont - I gotts ta say!

Let's Go Pat's
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

But at least I do get to say I had Pittsburgh's score right - it just wasn't enough!
    Yes you did get it right, and I was laughing at that when you posted it...no WAY did I think Pitt would put up 27 points against the pats D. But I also never thought the pats would put up 40+ against the steelers. The pats have 2 weeks to figure out the Eagles, I have not watched them much so I don't know what they are all about, I just hope its a nice boring uneventful SB win like last year.

Got to be careful though, I understand half the SMC membership either lives or went to college in PA...and I have seen Jim becker fly the eagles logo in signature...i'm WAY to superstitious to add the pats to mine...can't even buy or wear any pats clothing...wore my last years super bowl shirt during the first Steelers game, and was wearing a pats sweatshirt during the "bears" SB and we were down by 30 at the half.

Go pats!!

I normally always go for the AFC but I want the Broncos to maintain their status as the "last team to win back-to-back" Super Bowls. The Elway/Davis Bronco teams are about all I have left to hold onto as the current teams have been disappointments thus far....

However, the Pats are so strong and so disciplined and experienced and well-coached. I just don't see how the Eagles can overcome them but I hope they can!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.