Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Hoyt

Unhappy Andy Hoyt

Just read on Facebook that Andy Hoyt has passed away very suddenly. Don't know any other details. The announcement on FB was made by Maine Woodturners.

MOA sir, RIP.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 02-27-2011 at 5:37 PM. Reason: Add to post
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Bummer. That's a big loss to the community.

Karl,

I just saw that and I am in shock! To say I will miss him is an understatement! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of his friends! God Bless you Andy! RIP.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I certainly offer my condolences also, very shocking news. I went to a Dave Lancasterbowl turning demo @ Maine Woodturners last Saturday, and was hoping to meet Andy there, but didn't happen. This is an extremely sad day for the woodturning community.

We will miss you, Andy!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

My deepest sympathies to Andy's family.

I'm sitting typing this with tears in my eyes.

Andy is the one who instigated my "Bombing" a few years ago. We have talked many times.

Rest in peace my friend......I'll miss your off the cuff humor.......Rest in peace.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

This is a real kick in the gut for me. A good man...a good friend...RIP Doc...

I've recently had fun with Andy trying to get my website up and running. When I went to see him a few years ago I brought a cherry burl as a gift. A couple of weeks later...this showed up at our house. I will cherish it forever...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 02-27-2011 at 7:45 PM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

That is just horrible, I did not know Andy at all but being from Maine myself I kept up with the Maine wood turners website, Andy was very well thought of and will be missed greatly, the family has my condolences.

Terrible news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Andy, but I had become a fan of his wit by reading through old threads. Condolences to his family and friends.

That's the last thing we needed. God bless him and his family
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

It is a very sad thing and he will be missed by all. I liked all of his posts and creations, I will have to wait until I get to turners heaven to meet him. May God bless his family and keep his soul safe by his side.

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Definitely sad news for us down here. But if I know Andy, he's already got them laughing up in heaven.

My sincere condolences to Andy's family. He's one of the original "characters" who drew me into the creek several years ago. He was also instrumental in wiping out my savings account by convincing me to go Mayo. I will always remember his humor and his kind gentle approach. RIP, my friend.

By the time I came over to the round side, Andy was not as active, so I did not have a personal relationship with him. However, I have read many threads in which he posted, and he obviously has left a legacy here on the creek! May God bless his family.

Andy will be missed.
    I had stopped by his place many times just to chat and talk shop!
    Rest in peace my friend.