Thread: Customer wants casted metal award

Customer wants casted metal award

http://www.baudville.com/award-troph...fo/36/32/76707 Would any one have information on who or how much (ballpark price) to have a logo cast in some type of metal. Would need about 21 awards 3 different sizes to start out. I am thinking 4x6, 6x8, and 12x 14 these sizes are not locked in. Flat on one side it would stand up with a base. The sample above would be close to what I would want not the puzzle pieces. Thanks Robert
    Sandcraved Glassware, Stone and Tile
    Engraver of Coats of Arms
    Laser 60 W Xenetech XLT 2436 New Hermes IS400,7200 Glastar Mini, Scat Blast 6' cabinet.Tile saw. Corel X4 PotoGrave3 Adobe CS3,

My first call would be to Gemini.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    My first call would be to Gemini.
    So would the second! Have heard nothing but good about these guys!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I don't think the Gemini product is going to be exactly what you're looking for. Their products are typically cast and sanded,which, for an award, in my opinion, it probably a little rough. Have you considered making it with your laser and having it coated? There are places that do sprayed metal. Here's one manufacturer. You might call them and see if there are any professionals in your area and see if it's something that may work.

http://www.luminore.com/default.aspx

I have no idea if it'll work, but smooth, shiny, small polished pieces aren't what I think of when I think "Casting".
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There is another company, called Catania Medallic Specialty. I saw their display at the Great Lakes Engraver's Conference and they seem to be a good company which can make custom metal. I don't have any personal experience with them, however, since I don't deal with awards.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Well, depending on how adventurous you are...

You could cast them yourself using the lost wax casting method.

Just create the positive using your equipment and go from there.
    Lots of videos on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9716TvPb-OQ
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

Thanks everyone for your time and info I am looking at the link from Scott, and will check out the other links. I wish I could just stay on track but new project come in and off I go trying something new.
    Sandcraved Glassware, Stone and Tile
    Engraver of Coats of Arms
    Laser 60 W Xenetech XLT 2436 New Hermes IS400,7200 Glastar Mini, Scat Blast 6' cabinet.Tile saw. Corel X4 PotoGrave3 Adobe CS3,