Thread: LMI SE 225 C information and help please

LMI SE 225 C information and help please

I just purchased this as a bit of a pig in poke.

Does anyone have an operating or set up manual for this machine?

The controller is a separate unit. If it is powered up without the engraver connected does the display show only two rows of squares?

I did get the drivers from Preco, thank you Pat. They did not have any manuals for the system.

Which of the multitude of graphics programs work well with this engraver? Brand and version would be most helpful.

Any helpful suggestions for using this engraver would be very welcome.

Thank you all for your input,

Lyle Peterson

Lyle, I have 2 of these machines! Bought the first one new in '95 the second one used in ?'98. Both my machines have on board controllers so not sure I can help a whole bunch. BUT--I will tell you you need WIN 98 to run 'em. They are a rock solid system and still going strong. Where are you located? Also I am running CorelDraw 10 on them.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Volden; 02-20-2011 at 8:08 PM. Reason: additions

Hi Bruce,

I think the machines you have are set up with the controls on the right side on the strip that holds the cover. Mine has only a Start, Pause, and Stop button in that location. Are they 225 CV?

I have an external box that is in essence a computer. In fact, it is labeled "Industrial Computer." It has one key marked Menu and three additional unmarked keys. When turned on the hard drive and the cooling fan spool up and after a few seconds it beeps once. Just like a PC. However the LCD display only shows two rows of blocks of pixels.

I did learn early on that the drivers need Windows 98 and that is where they are installed.

I am located near St. Paul, MN

Thank you for the response

Lyle

I also have a 225CV that was purchased new in 1995. It has been working great. We also have an Epilog EXT 75 watt that gets used every work day. I have the manuals, but will not be able to scan them until the first of March if someone would like them.

Let me know if you need the manual and I can get it scanned the first part of March.

Tim
    Last edited by Mike Null; 02-21-2011 at 9:52 AM. Reason: deleted ad

Hi Tim,

It would be great if I could get the manual from you. Thank you for the offer.

Also, I took a look at the options screen for the drivers. It says it is a LMI 2000. Also I get an error when trying to print to the engraver. Nothing is sent.

You and Bruce have an LCD display on the right side of the machine. Correct? What displays on there when the machine is first powered up?

Thank you all for your responses and to those who took the time to read my post.

Lyle

Lyle,

It seems I recall LMI coming out with a larger unit a couple of years after I purchased my machine (2100 Series??) These were offered in a larger watt tube and possibly bed size also. My machines are 25W with 11" X 30" engraving area. The original SE 225 C's were raster only and output of files were through a serial port (I got one---slooooow!). Along came a firmware upgrade and a parrallel port (much faster file txfr!). These were then called SE 225 CV's (vector / cut abilities). When I fire up the machine it goes thru it's homing cycle, black boxes appear on LCD til self test is finished, then it shows COPY (# needed), FILES/s (scroll thru). Use the keypad to select what you need yada yada. If you are getting an error you will probably need to figure out the port settings in WIN 98. I can't remember DOS anymore but at one time I could use it to print directly to the machine (t-shooting help), of course it would only print text. This told me if I had a machine problem or computer set-up problem. I'm trying to think of more stuff to remember-yeah-good luck with that-getting old!

Bruce

Any updates?

Bruce

i just bought very very old LMI LaserGraver SE2025 manuf Feb 1998

anybody have knowledge of these engravers?