Thread: Looking for plans for a "Pen blank squaring jig"

Looking for plans for a "Pen blank squaring jig"

Anyone have something homemade out there for this jig? I'm looking for one for the disc sander.I've seen them before but I cannot seem to find one. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Do a Quick GOOGLE search and there are a few.

I tried to post you a PDF file here I just found using your exact words for the search but it was too large a file to upload here.
    Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.

Check the library on IAP. Blank squaring jig.
    Whippingwater
    What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about.

Donny;
    I found this on a Sawmill Creek thread after searching for "blank squaring jig"
    Hope this helps. I made mine with three different bolts so I can square different pen types.
    A friend on another site uses Corian to make inserts for all types of pens and he only has one bolt sized for the 7 mm tubes.
    P.S. the jig shown has a strip underneath to fit in the mitre track, the bolt has to be squared to the Sanding Disk.
    Peter F.

Not a plan but if you have a disk/belt sander this is easy, quick and accurate.

I square all my blanks on my disk sander before mounting on the lathe.

I took the cheap miter than came with the sander and locked it into the slot via card stock shims and the used a plastic drafting triangle to square the face of the miter to the disk.

I then use corner molding stack together to hold the blank so I can face it. Here's some Red Fir Bark being squared to make a reel seat.

bsqr-2-800.jpgbsq-1-800.jpg