Thread: Help needed with carving text.

Help needed with carving text.

Help needed with carving text.
    I have not been using my router at all the last few months. The last time I did use it I crashed it into too much oak to fast. I did shut it shut it down fast. However I had to changes the brushes on the PC 7518.
    This month I have been cutting some temples out of plywood without issues. Recently I was asked to carve some text into a board for a hope chest. The photos tell the story for the most part.
    My problem exists no matter what type of text I use some fonts have more errors than others.
    The problem did not show up in the plaque that you see with text that starts with “As for me and my house”
    Any text I did on other projects before this plaque was off as you can see in the pictures; any text after this plaque is wrong as you can see in the pictures. This plaque is fine.
    3D work comes out fine.
    Do you think this is a file issue? I used aspire to create the tool path files.
    Grounding Issue?
    Corrupt ini file issue?
    I bent something when I crashed the machine?
    Other?
    Right now I am at a loss.
    Sorry for the long post.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jrj5x5/...Lys5TwpYz4pgE# I tried the new photo upload system here, and by time I shrunk the photos small enough to them to fit (107kb), you could not tell what you what you were looking at.

Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

James...
    Check the grub screws on all pulleys and pinions. Looks like you have at least one that is wandering.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

James the easiest way to determine if it is a mechanical issue is to turn the machine on and push on the gantry. There should be no movement.If there is movement you might have stripped something when you crashed your machine earlier. Also you can try running the text program which is giving you problems and with the router off and above the table a few inches. and listen to how the machine is running. Its a lot easier to hear if everything is running smooth if the router is off.
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

james give me a call tommorrow

jim

Sure looks like lost steps to me. Doubt you will see them by pushing on them or hearing them. Check the grub screws/set screws.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

i need to see the crv file and the toolpath, this looks a lot more like step loss as the change is to consistant, if the spur gear is loose you will find this by turning on the machine and physically trying to rock the x and y separatly, if they move, then look at spur first, it will be hard to see but you will. generally if this happens cut is just sloppy, this is a change in location (step loss)